- 1 8-oz. pkg. tempeh, sliced into 24 very thin slices
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ancho chile powder
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke,( optional, but oh so good)
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- Smoked paprika, (optional)
2. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Carefully transfer tempeh slices to prepared baking sheet, and discard marinade.
3. Brush slices with canola oil, and sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Flip tempeh slices, brush with oil, and bake 5 to 7 minutes more, or until crisp and dark brown.
Makes about 24 slices.