Email issues

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
It seems that emails from veganforum.org have not been working since Monday -- oops! The mailgun account we were using appears to have stopped working. As a consequence of this, new members will not have been able to sign up properly as the emails with the confirmation links will not have been sent out. (Edit: I've now manually sent new confirmation link emails to these new members.)

We're now temporarily using a veggieviews.com account I have on my own mail server, and I will set up a new veganforum.org account there as a long-term solution. I had planned to do that anyway, as I prefer not to depend on third-party services whenever I can avoid it.

Last edited:
Ooops, I just discovered I had misspelled our email sender address in the board configuration. As a consequence I will not have received anything from the 'Contact Us' form, and newly signed up members may not have received the emails with the confirmation links.
:argh:
It's human to make mistakes, right?

Last edited:
so I am not the only one not receiving emails at all?

Emma JC
... and yes, existing members not receiving email notifications could have been another consequence. Are you receiving emails now, though? And have you checked your spam folder?

ah ha, it appears they started coming in at 7:37 AM EST today and yes, they all went into my Junk mail - now whitelisted so hopefully all good

Emma JC

Reactions: Second Summer
nope, despite whitelisting it at the server level it is still going into Junk

Emma JC

nope, despite whitelisting it at the server level it is still going into Junk

Emma JC
The actual email sender address we use currently is support@veggieviews.com - is that the address you tried to whitelist? (I do plan to get a proper veganforum.org address "soon", but I haven't had the time & energy for it yet.)