Eco Toothbrushes

Pirate

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped to using an eco bamboo toothbrush? I have one but I'm not a fan, my teeth don't seem as white after using it compared to a plastic one. It's not terrible but I'd prefer better. Is this the same for all brands due to the lack of plastic, or did I get a dud one? Any recommendations would be amazing and if in the UK even better.

Mine is from Plastic Free Zero Waste Shop if anyone is interested.

I don’t know the brand off hand but I purchased a four pack of bamboo toothbrushes and I didn’t like the way the bristles felt. I stopped using it after a few weeks. It made my gums hurt and I don’t feel like they cleaned my teeth very well.

I've seen these in stores, and they look really neat. However, I'm more likely to try one of the toothbrushes with replaceable heads. Those look more budget-friendly.

i saw some with exchangeable heads in a health food shop. massive warning though - some of the options were made of boar hair bristles o_O youd assume eco in a health food shop would be vegan but nooooo.

I don’t know the brand off hand but I purchased a four pack of bamboo toothbrushes and I didn’t like the way the bristles felt. I stopped using it after a few weeks. It made my gums hurt and I don’t feel like they cleaned my teeth very well.

my gums feel fine but funny you had the same with the teeth. maybe thats how they are? we might all just be too used to plastic!

I will persevere though. I read the other day that "Every toothbrush ever made is still on this planet" and (whilst true of all plastic) it really struck a cord so I'll keep trying.

thanks everyone

Reactions: Katrina and KLS52
A little update. I found a toothbrush that was bamboo handle but plastic bristles. Whilst not a complete solution, it's a good balance. I think the brand was "Woo Bamboo". I like it!

Reactions: Second Summer