Product Eco Luxury Lingerie-100 % Compostable

Dearplanet

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hi all,

Dear Planet is a brand new luxury eco lingerie company. The product is made from 100% natural fibres so that once the garment has finished being loved by you it will decompose in either your garden, a plant pot or even landfill. This is such a huge step in combatting the devastating carbon footprint the fashion industry has on the environment. As well as this the brand is completely transparent, ethical and sustainable only adopting the best strategies to help the planet. So if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

At the moment we are only a small business currently in the developing and sourcing stages. We really want to get to know you and who you are so tell me a little bit about yourself and where you currently shop for lingerie! You can include whatever you like even what your favourite colour is! Dear Planet wants to create a relationship with each and every one of you because to protect this planet businesses and consumers need to work together.

For more information please follow @dearplanetintimates on instagram
There is also a GoFundMe as starting a business does cost a small fortune so any donation is much appreciated: https://www.gofundme.com/f/dear-planet (or just search Dear Planet on the GoFundMe website)

Thank you,

Dear Planet x

Got any pictures of what the lingerie is gonna look like? Not on a model since I'm sure that'll cause problems, but just by itself on a bed. You gotta have some designs. Even if they're drawn just so that we can see what we're funding here.

Last edited:
Got any pictures of what the lingerie is gonna look like? Not on a model since I'm sure that'll cause problems, but just by itself on a bed. You gotta have some designs. Even if they're drawn just so that we can see what we're funding here.

Hi Courtney!

Thank you for responding. As I am sure you are aware the fashion industry is a harsh, ruthless place to work so I am keeping my designs under wraps for now. I am in the process of making a MVP (minimum viable product) which should give you a good indication of the brands aesthetic. If you have instagram please do follow @dearplanetintimates where you will be able to follow the development of the brand!

Have a brilliant day!

Dear Planet x

Hi Courtney!

Thank you for responding. As I am sure you are aware the fashion industry is a harsh, ruthless place to work so I am keeping my designs under wraps for now. I am in the process of making a MVP (minimum viable product) which should give you a good indication of the brands aesthetic. If you have instagram please do follow @dearplanetintimates where you will be able to follow the development of the brand!

Have a brilliant day!

Dear Planet x
But then how are we gonna know what we're funding? If we don't know what the designs are, how can we know if we like them enough to hand you over money to help you make them? Also, fashion usually can't be patented which I guess is why you're keeping it to yourself, but if they're extremely unique designs with logos and peculiar construction, then you can actually patent them. I totally understand why you're keeping it private, but just know that investors need to actually see what they're investing in, and if they can't see, you're not gonna get that many donations.

But then how are we gonna know what we're funding? If we don't know what the designs are, how can we know if we like them enough to hand you over money to help you make them? Also, fashion usually can't be patented which I guess is why you're keeping it to yourself, but if they're extremely unique designs with logos and peculiar construction, then you can actually patent them. I totally understand why you're keeping it private, but just know that investors need to actually see what they're investing in, and if they can't see, you're not gonna get that many donations.

So right now it is all about promoting my brand and allowing consumers to watch the growth of Dear Planet. The donations will be open indefinitely. I have and am continuing to save my own money which will allow for production, marketing etc. So if people feel more comfortable donating once there is a product to see then that is also fine! The reason I ask for donations is so that the brand can grow quicker, not just to create the product. Once I have a core collection of course I will trademark those designs but to be honest I am not sure what that collection will be yet! As a designer my head is full of designs so choosing the right one is a huge task.

I do however have a strategy which is to create my MVP and get feedback from consumers to develop and perfect this design. Once this design is executed to the highest standard this will be more trademarked design and core collection which will run from season too season.

I had hoped consumers would fund the concept of the brand and fall in love with that. Fund the brands vision, mission and core values. For me that is a reason I love a brand and their products fall second to that! If you feel you need to see the product first before handing over your well earned cash that is also fine too! This for me is not only following my dream but learning what you as consumers really buy into.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask!

Dear Planet x

Reactions: Qwaychou