Vegan Easy Tiramisu

Mark Mywordz

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Easy Tiramisu (Vegan)

As a vegetarian I loved mascarpone. As a vegan it's no longer on my shopping list.

Ingredients
Amaretto (inexpensive at Lidl)
Plain Victoria Sponge cake (see note below)
Plain soy yoghurt
Cocoa powder
Sweetener or sugar if needed
Nuts for decoration

Make or buy a vegan Victoria Sponge cake. Tesco has a cake mix suitable for this.

Place a layer of the cake at the bottom of a dessert dish or plate.

Drizzle Amaretto over the cake.

Top this with soy yoghurt, sweetened if necessary

Sprinkle with cocoa powder and decorate with nuts.

Share with friends and enjoy.

I have not stated the amounts for each ingredient. In this “recipe” the amount of each ingredient is a matter of personal taste. I have had worse tiramisu served in an Italian restaurant. This recipe is quick, simple and nearly as good as sex. I felt compelled to find a way to make tiramisu vegan. Needless to say, the better the ingredients, the better the dessert.
If you need to know the calories, you should probably not be eating this but you can still have the sex!

Reactions: Second Summer
Sounds good, but is definitely missing the ESPRESSO in my opinion!
I always marinated the lady fingers in a mixture of strong espresso and Amaretto...

Another recipe, but looks much more complicated... Vegan Tiramisu that totes doesn't taste Vegan | Crazy Vegan Kitchen
I think you're right and I can't imagine why I left that out, because I love strong coffee - espresso macchiato/cortado. Having said that, if you pour on enough amaretto, then it's fine and I've had so many different desserts in Italy, all of which were called Tiramisu.
Your recipe looks good (for high days and holidays) but in the week Warum kompliziert wenn es auch einfach geht (with apologies to the original saying).