The Everything Easter Thread

1616653887484.png

Easter wouldn't be Easter without toasted, hot cross buns.

M&S Plant Kitchen vegan fruited luxury hot cross buns

Introducing the ultimate plant-based game changer – our new Plant Kitchen hot cross buns. These delicious treats are packed full of packed full of juicy raisins and currants blended with avocados and coconut oil and flavoured with lemon zest and delicious spices. They’re amazing eaten on their own or toasted and topped with Plant Kitchen sunflower spread or your favourite marmalade or jam.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Those buns look amazing but I don’t have the patience to wait through three rise cycles. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: shyvas
Those buns look amazing but I don’t have the patience to wait through three rise cycles. 🤦🏻‍♀️

They are truly delicious especially with lashings of spread. I watched Mary Berry's programme yesterday and she made a batch using the standard double rising method.
You can substitute the dairy/egg ingredients with the usual veg. subs.

• Informative
It's going to be nice and warm all week long......except for during the Easter week end as the weather forecasts predicts rain.

That entails no meet up for Easter lunch as planned. 😡

• Sad
No one in my family is doing any Easter get-togethers. Last year, I was supposed to go with my sister to my cousin Mark's for Easter, but no one feels safe enough to gather. My parents are vaccinated, but the rest of us are in various stages of vaccination. Some refuse to get it, so that's unfortunate.

@shyvas Those buns look amazing.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
No one in my family is doing any Easter get-togethers. Last year, I was supposed to go with my sister to my cousin Mark's for Easter, but no one feels safe enough to gather. My parents are vaccinated, but the rest of us are in various stages of vaccination. Some refuse to get it, so that's unfortunate.

@shyvas Those buns look amazing.
Probably best to continue waiting before getting together. We’re getting so close! 💙

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
My family is having the traditional Easter at "the Mansion." Last year I went to Lynda's but no one else came. Sean and Skye and the kids should be able to come this year.

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven and PTree15
Probably best to continue waiting before getting together. We’re getting so close! 💙
Yep, I think so as well. I will make a nice meal for the day: nut roast, roasted potatoes and asparagus and some sort of dessert that will likely involve chocolate.

• Love
Reactions: Raven and shyvas
Yep, I think so as well. I will make a nice meal for the day: nut roast, roasted potatoes and asparagus and some sort of dessert that will likely involve chocolate.

Snap! That is also our traditional Easter meal minus the spuds. Sliced plum tomatoes and green asparagus with tons of evo is usually the side dish.
Anyway, it looks like I won't be going out for Easter because it's going to rain all week end. As I've not had my 2nd jab I still don't mingle with others inside.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
No family gatherings for us for Easter. If we’re lucky and every an schedule their shots, I’m thinking early to mid June we will be good to go. But by then the weather will be nice so we can mostly stay outdoors anyway.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
340119074_766180591812727_7618731382845364136_n.jpg