Not open for further replies.

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
What is everyone cooking for Easter ?

I may be having people over for Sunday Easter brunch. I usually make some wholewheat, grainy bread, guacamole, yeast cakes, raw vegetables, and a fruit salad followed by some chocolate goodies.

In the UK we traditionally have hot, toasted hot cross buns with (non dairy) butter.

Choc_hot_cross_buns_560x730_066e37d6c938eccc25d132abe29a85d0.jpg

Tear & Share Hot Cross Buns - Sainsbury's Magazine

Reactions: ledboots
My mom made hot cross buns for me as a kid because I asked her what they were in the rhyme--one a penny, two a penny, hot cross buns. :D I've always loved them since. :)

ETA Going to my omni cousin's for Easter dinner so will be bringing dessert and a main (she makes her sides vegan for us.) Not sure what yet. I want to make a vegan key lime pie but don't know how. -off to google recipes:

My mom made hot cross buns for me as a kid because I asked her what they were in the rhyme--one a penny, two a penny, hot cross buns. :D I've always loved them since. :)

ETA Going to my omni cousin's for Easter dinner so will be bringing dessert and a main (she makes her sides vegan for us.) Not sure what yet. I want to make a vegan key lime pie but don't know how. -off to google recipes:

I also remember the rhyme - so this is just for you !!:p

Reactions: ledboots
Status
Not open for further replies.