Earth Day

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Earth Day will have to celebrated differently this year.
Some online resources will be dedicated to it.
Here is the first one I have been told about.

I'll participate in Earth Day Live and do other things I need to do for school, internship or personal business up until 2 pm. But I think spending Earth Day entirely on-line (even if a lot of it is for a good cause) is frankly ridiculous and delusional since it's EARTH DAY and using technology and electricity usually requires fossil fuels.

So after my Zoom meeting for my internship, I'm shutting everything down from 2 pm on Earth Day (tomorrow) for 24 hours until 2 pm Thursday. No phone, no lap top, only enough water for things like drinking-hand washing-teeth brushing, and little to no electricity or gas (I'll pretend I'm camping in a cabin and use sunlight or candles or go to sleep). No shopping in town, either. If I get chilly I'll put on layers, if I eat it'll be food that can be eaten cold or that was previously prepared. Camping without camping.

I'm also going to do fun stuff like read, take a hike in the woods, meditate and do yoga or qigong from memory, maybe plant these California poppy seeds I have, etc.

Reactions: Lou
I was planning on seeding the meadow with more native wildflowers tomorrow anyway, since it's supposed to rain in the afternoon.

Having been reminded that it's Earth Day, I'll try to do it with an additional degree of mindfulness.

I signed up for that live stream. I also took the offer of a free tree seedling though I don't know where I will plant a tree! I actually remember the first Earth Day. Yes I am that old! :p

This is the Earth Day I signed up for, not the one Lou posted. There are several going on! Maybe they are the same one.

Looks good. Al Gore, John Kerry, and Michael Greger are participants in this one. Also Ziggy Marley, Ani DiFranco. Probably the younger folks would know the other participants on the list.

Check out the cast list - sheesh. maybe worth a re-watch.

Howie Mandel :heart: Ellen Bry

And then after St Elsewhere we would watch Hill St Blues.
Man, they don't make em like that anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: Chryssie