Due to African Swine Fever, they attempt to shoot all hogs/boars near the border

Meyersaurus

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I don't think I have ever been this ******, but the national news just got me raging today. In Belgium, the ASF has occured a couple of times, and as a consequence Luxembourg (where I live) is "forced" to shoot all (and I mean all) the wild hogs along the border of Belgium. There are 100 hunters and 50 beaters each day (today and tomorrow) in order to kill as many wild hogs as possible EVEN THOUGH THERE HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY NO CASE OF THE INFECTION IN LUXEMBOURG.
They literally said in their announcement that they "had to kill the entire population of wild hogs" to prevent the disease, like what in the **** is wrong with them?? They pretend to protect the animals by preventing a disease, but in reality they're just so thrilled that they can practically commit genocide.
I'm so furious, just when you think the hunters have reached the peak of their stupidity they strike again. I wish there was sth I could do to stop this, but apparently you can't even go to these places because they're literally infested with the stupidest part of our population.