Dog fighting crackdown nets 12 arrests in 4 states

"I believe if Dante were alive today and rewriting the 'Inferno' that the lowest places in hell would be reserved for those who commit cruelty to our animals and to our children," U.S. Attorney George Beck said at a news conference.

I like this guy!:up: No sentence is too harsh for these assholes imo.

:D Yay! The less animal abusers the better.

But what will they do with all the pit bulls? Kill em?:???:

Nope. They are going to retrain them and then rehome them.

The picture of puppies is just adorable. Poor doggies. :( I'm so glad they were rescued and are going to be given a chance at a normal life.

Nope. They are going to retrain them and then rehome them.

The picture of puppies is just adorable. Poor doggies. :( I'm so glad they were rescued and are going to be given a chance at a normal life.

I hope the training goes well. I've heard that pit bulls can be pretty jumpy, and are easily startled. These ones especially so.

367? Damn that's a lot of pit bulls! But at least that's 367 pit bulls that won't be forced to endure any more torture.

I hope the training goes well. I've heard that pit bulls can be pretty jumpy, and are easily startled. These ones especially so.

You should read up on Michael Vick's dogs. Here's the obit on his grand champion fighter:

http://blogs.bestfriends.org/index.php/2013/06/20/vicktory-dog-lucas/

And this site has links to a number of different articles and books on them: http://www.badrap.org/vick-dogs

I follow a couple of the dogs who have FB pages. Several of them are doing therapy work with kids and the elderly, others are just being dogs - happy, loving, and loved dogs.

I just can't believe in this day and age this stuff still goes on.I was surprised by the Michael Vick case and now I am surprised by this.I mean who goes to these things?It's just disgusting!

These people should serve serious jail time.:mad: Don't just slap people on the wrist for this stuff.I guess that's why it still goes on the punishments aren't bad enough.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's why this sort of thing still goes on (I attribute that to sociopathic human garbage), but I agree that much harsher penalties should apply.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's why this sort of thing still goes on (I attribute that to sociopathic human garbage), but I agree that much harsher penalties should apply.
Well,yeah those people ARE sociopathic human garbage.But it's like our society allows those people to be that way by not inflicting harsher punishments.I know basically it's their choice to behave in that manner but it probably would deter some of them if there were.