Documentarys brought me here

Chronos

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi guys, I’m a new vegan from Australia!

Currently I’m 23 and it was my idea to watch “What The Health” and “Eating You Alive” with my parents which gave us quite the shock about how eating animal based products gives you cancer and all these terrible chronic diseases while plant based food is the only safe food to eat. Plus, it prevents animal abuse.

Overall, I’m NOT a food person. I’ve got a low appetite all the time (I only eat because we are supposed to eat 3 meals a day otherwise its bad for you). I could easy skip breakfast and lunch and only eat dinner, but for health reasons, I don’t skip meals.

I’ve always been skinny, currently 54kg which is slightly underweight, but I couldn’t gain if I tried as eating too much food makes me feel like I’m going to throw up and I generally don’t like the taste of most food. I love McDonald’s and KFC and Kababs but never again after watching that documentary!

Recently I tried kale for the first time in my life as part of a salad and my parents were saying how disgusting it was. I actually didn’t mind it at all, had no problem with it and if it were “up to me” I’d eat it every meal, but of course, it wouldn’t be a balanced diet which would cause health problems.

Generally I’m scared of food because I don’t know what I’m supposed to be eating. I wish I could just have cereal with soy milk for breakfast, salad (lettuce and kale with tomato, dressing, tofu, cucumber and some beans) for lunch and then another salad for dinner with a fruit smoothly and some fruit for dessert. But... I’m scared that’s unhealthy because it’s not balanced.

This is what I’m scared of, it’s nothing to do with weight at all, I’m scared I don’t know how to eat healthy (because I’ve heard salad for every meal is unhealthy) so I’ve come here to learn more about food in general.

Hope I don’t drive you all insane :p

Last edited:
Reactions: aquaticfan
Hey welcome to the forum - there are plenty of threads here that could help, if not use search, if not back to google or ask questions on here if you fancy more of a chat.

Reactions: aquaticfan