Nutrition & Diet Documentary about B12 deficiency ?

Blues

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
http://b12awareness.org/2013/01/21/2013-b12-documentary-by-elissa-leonard-completed/

On November 18, 2009, film and television producer Elissa Leonard approached us regarding producing a documentary on vitamin B12 deficiency. Elissa became interested in B12 deficiency after reading the first edition of our book, Could It Be B12? An Epidemic of Misdiagnoses, and learned one of her own family members was afflicted. Elissa has joined us and is passionate about educating the U.S. about this unrecognized disorder. Her goal is to uncover whatever truths she can find: “Is there an epidemic of misdiagnosis? Do doctors know what to look for and are they looking for it? What is the state of our scientific knowledge? Has the federal fortification of foods with folic acid caused harm and to whom?” she says, “This would be the definitive B12 movie.”

Well its an interesting documentary in regard folic acid masking B12 . What are your guys views on it .

Reactions: Pickle Juice
Thanks for posting, it was very informative. It's always interesting to see yet more diseases falling through the cracks of the insurance industry's DRG codes. If you live in the US you are very much on your own if insurance companies refuse to recognize your problem. And at $30 USD a year for enough B12 injections to reverse all these severe neurological disorders it's no wonder no one in the pharmaceutical industry is interested in pushing doctors to diagnose B12 deficiency.

Reactions: ledboots
My family has to request vitamin D and B12 levels at checkups or they'd never be drawn. Three out of four in my family had low vitamin D when checked. We are fair and live in Florida, but I kept everyone pale to hopefully prevent melanoma due to strong family history. My son began ignoring me about this when young, so his vitamin D levels are fine. ;)

Our B12s have been okay so far.

Reactions: Pickle Juice
And at $30 USD a year for enough B12 injections to reverse all these severe neurological disorders it's no wonder no one in the pharmaceutical industry is interested in pushing doctors to diagnose B12 deficiency.

Thanks for pointing that out , I never thought of it that way .