• No, never.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only a few words occasionally.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SummerRain

I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Reaction score
Just curious! I sometimes/often say a few words or maybe a short sentence to myself. "Well, better go make dinner then" or "oh where did I put that?" or "ah, what was I looking for? oh yeah" or "hmmm what's on tv? ah ha!" That sort of thing.

I wondered how common talking to yourself was. I figure everybody does it - but I could be wrong. :shrug:

I often talk to myself....sometimes maybe chat to God, but I don't think he pays much attention to my BS.

also, I was just thinking; if I say something to myself, out loud, like "5:20" then I am more likely to remember it....

I have my dogs, so I talk mostly to them when I'm around them. But since they can't answer in words and probably can't understand 90% of what I'm saying, I guess it can be concidered as talking to myself. :p

Reactions: SummerRain
Of course I do! Doesn't everyone?

I think for those of us who don't live with any other humans, we're more likely to talk to ourselves. I also talk to my cats, but they don't listen to me.

Reactions: Tom L.
Heh, I talk to myself. Sometimes hearing things helps me remember them, such as "Don't forget to do the laundry tonight." I also talk to my cat a lot. :D He listens...sometimes.

Not much actually, the occasional thing that should probably be inside the head comes out :p

My mum is awful for it & it drives me mad because I always think she's talking to me but she's just saying things to herself. A

All the time, sometimes it is the only way I get to have an intelligent conversation. Or that anyone listens to me.

Reactions: PTree15
Yes, sometimes... but I usually keep the volume down and try not to move my lips too much. (Actually, I picked the third choice in the poll, but on further reflection 4 or 5 might have been more accurate. Or maybe not.)

Somewhat off-topic: very often, I'll hear someone apparently talking to themselves- quite loudly and audibly- but quickly realize that they're just using a hands-free cell phone and are talking to someone else.

Reactions: KLS52
Yes! Lots and often to the cat as well.

A little more weird: Sometimes I am a bit harsh with myself (say if I did something dumb), then tell myself not to be so mean!

Somewhat off-topic: very often, I'll hear someone apparently talking to themselves- quite loudly and audibly- but quickly realize that they're just using a hands-free cell phone and are talking to someone else.

OMG this annoys me. It's worse when I think the person is talking to me and I don't see the earpiece in their ear. It's so embarrassing.

Reactions: mary1
I have my dogs, so I talk mostly to them when I'm around them. But since they can't answer in words and probably can't understand 90% of what I'm saying, I guess it can be concidered as talking to myself. :p

This is me too. I talk to my animals a lot. If they weren't there, I'd be talking to myself.

Reactions: KLS52 and Mikkel
I often think that in a philosophical sense I've only ever talked to myself.

I always talk to my dog, but that doesn't count as it is to somebody.

I'll sometimes make exclamations or short sentences in reply to actions that occur in my memory. However I try to limit my doing this as I don't wish to appear like a crazy mumbling weirdo. (The weirdo part is bad enough alone).

I also occasionally startle myself by saying things in reaction to what's happening in a book I'm reading (this one kind of bothers me, as it's somewhat involuntary - I just blurt things out - luckily so far only when I'm alone) .