Do you neuter and spay?

anarchist100

Forum Legend
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I have the unpopular opinion of opposing neuter and spaying, But if you claim to believe that humans and animals are equal and you support neuter and spaying then you are either lying or a eugenicist, if they must do it then they should have it as a harsh but necessary way to phase out the slave trade (pet trade) It's sad the amount of indoctrination that must be at work for people who are otherwise animal lovers to support forced sterilization!

Both of my cats are neutered. There are already far too many companion animals without loving homes that suffer and die on the streets or are euthanized. If we stopped sterilization that problem would increase many times over. It's not ideal but at the end of the day it's the more humane option.

I have the unpopular opinion of opposing neuter and spaying, But if you claim to believe that humans and animals are equal and you support neuter and spaying then you are either lying or a eugenicist, if they must do it then they should have it as a harsh but necessary way to phase out the slave trade (pet trade) It's sad the amount of indoctrination that must be at work for people who are otherwise animal lovers to support forced sterilization!
NO.

The whole idea of having a pet is not a vegan. but the underlying motivation of veganism is compassion. I don't have a pet but I think the act of adopting or rescuing an animal, then committing to take care of it for the rest to its life is one of the most compassionate acts I can imagine.

there are already too many homeless dogs and cats. spaying and neutering is just the responsible thing to do.

Both of my cats are neutered. There are already far too many companion animals without loving homes that suffer and die on the streets or are euthanized. If we stopped sterilization that problem would increase many times over. It's not ideal but at the end of the day it's the more humane option.
That's why we need to end the pet trade, animals aren't here to be our possessions, and unless we end it there will continue to be suffering of dogs and cats, on the streets, euthanized, or abused by humans.

That's why we need to end the pet trade, animals aren't here to be our possessions, and unless we end it there will continue to be suffering of dogs and cats, on the streets, euthanized, or abused by humans.
True but we must live within the confines of reality

Reactions: Calliegirl
NO.

The whole idea of having a pet is not a vegan. but the underlying motivation of veganism is compassion. I don't have a pet but I think the act of adopting or rescuing an animal, then committing to take care of it for the rest to its life is one of the most compassionate acts I can imagine.

there are already too many homeless dogs and cats. spaying and neutering is just the responsible thing to do.
As I said I believe that the only possible excuse for it is to phase out the pet trade, slave owners would sterilize slaves to control population growth.

Revolution? Actually all the anarcho-primitivist will go back to nature while everyone else will die.
We all share the same planet.

People are already dying, right now, from preventable causes: The top 10 causes of death . However, the prevention/cure of these diseases don't require anarchism or primitivism.

Please be wary of any group that claims to be the only survivors in the future - the "chosen ones": Qualities & Characteristics of a Cult | Cult Research

Last edited:
Reactions: Calliegirl and Lou
I'm reminded of the Crass lyric: I don't want your revolution, I want anarchy and peace

And I'm' reminded of Paul and John

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out.

I can accept some of the tenets of anarcho-primitivism. I've read articles by many anthropologist that suggest that civilizations first mis-step was the adoption of agriculture. One author even made a good argument that all of civilizations evils can be traced back to wheat.

But I will automatically and strongly reject any philosophy or lifestyle that includes "everyone else will die".

IMHO, one of the great things about veganism is that it doesn't require anyone to die. (not even cows). We can probably feed everybody too. (although everyone agrees that we need to halt population growth).

I can imagine a peaceful transition to worldwide veganism. In fact, I believe it is inevitable.

I can accept some of the tenets of anarcho-primitivism. I've read articles by many anthropologist that suggest that civilizations first mis-step was the adoption of agriculture. One author even made a good argument that all of civilizations evils can be traced back to wheat.

But I will automatically and strongly reject any philosophy or lifestyle that includes "everyone else will die".

IMHO, one of the great things about veganism is that it doesn't require anyone to die. (not even cows). We can probably feed everybody too. (although everyone agrees that we need to halt population growth).

I can imagine a peaceful transition to worldwide veganism. In fact, I believe it is inevitable.
I don't want anyone to die, but all I'm saying is that society's on the path to destruction and to survive we must return to nature.

I'm not part of any group, I just believe that society's on the path to destruction.
Society's path can be changed. We're not stuck on an immovable track.

Young people can choose a career that benefits people, the animals, and the planet. There is a lot of work to be done on clean energy, vat-grown meat, education, poverty elimination, water availability, communicable diseases, and so many other things.

I worked for 17 years in the solar energy industry, and now the entire world is going solar. I now work on other environmental technologies. You too can play a strong role in a better future for everyone.

• Love
Reactions: Lou
When I was your age we were told, you are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Reactions: David3