Direct Action Everywhere

I have not heard of them before. It's pretty powerful. My guess is this type of venue would be met, mostly, with onlookers thinking it is extreme and ridiculous. I imagine there would be all kinds of negative comments and people laughing, rolling their eyes and shaking their heads. But if it reached and touched one person, it's worth it. And there are a lot of 'one persons' out there. The world can change one person at a time. I was that one person at one time. Who would have thought that someone handing me a PETA magazine, of all things, would change my life forever.

Reactions: PTree15 and Dedalus
I just found out about this group recently.

Anyone else have thoughts, opinions or experiences with them?

(Direct Action Everywhere)

I've not worked with them personally, but an aware of their events, for the most part- they've been going into Chipotle a lot lately.

I am not intimately familiar enough to really give a solid opinion one way of another though...

I have not heard of them before. It's pretty powerful. My guess is this type of venue would be met, mostly, with onlookers thinking it is extreme and ridiculous. I imagine there would be all kinds of negative comments and people laughing, rolling their eyes and shaking their heads. But if it reached and touched one person, it's worth it. And there are a lot of 'one persons' out there. The world can change one person at a time. I was that one person at one time. Who would have thought that someone handing me a PETA magazine, of all things, would change my life forever.

Yes they get negative comments and the like - however their network of support for each other is very encouraging and strong. I'm friends with many of them on FB and they are tireless. They don't spend days planning - they just get a small group together go out and do it. Lately they've been repeatedly hitting Whole Foods and their marketing of 'humane' meat. Sometimes one or two of them - sometimes a dozen. The enthusiasm for conveying the message is really admirable. And as you say KLS, if it reaches just one person here and there - ultimately that makes a difference.

Reactions: KLS52
"If we were here talking about cats and dogs you would not be mocking or laughing at us, you'd be standing right next to us."

Powerful and effective.
That is so true. I have so many supposed animal-loving friends, but really, they are more pet-loving friends who think nothing of scarfing down dead cows or chickens. :(

Reactions: KLS52