Dinner on Friday Night

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Do you make something special on Friday night or are you to exhausted after a long week at work ?

I have that very special feeling in the morning on Friday and always like to plan a treat for dinner.

Before becoming a Veg*n, I always used to have the same dish; forbidden rice and prawns. It was some kind of ritual.

Firstly it has to start with a cocktail (a Tom Collins or a Pimm's) followed by something delicious. In summer I like lots of fresh vegetables ; guacamole, a huge salad or tortilla wraps. Pizza used to be my treat but without cheese it just doesn't taste the same.

Ice cream is my absolute favourite way to end the meal. My second choice would be a fruit crumble or a bowl of berries and cream.

Reactions: Second Summer
On most Fridays we try to feed Freya her dinner early and get her to bed so we can have a "grown-up dinner" which is not necessarily child-friendly, i.e. it could be spicy or something else she won't eat, or we don't want her to eat. Also, I've been known to drink beer on Friday nights. Sometimes ice cream for dessert. And something good to watch on TV, usually some kind of crime series. We're currently watching the new series of The Killing, which we thought was cancelled, but apparently was saved by Netflix.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
On most Fridays we try to feed Freya her dinner early and get her to bed so we can have a "grown-up dinner" which is not necessarily child-friendly, i.e. it could be spicy or something else she won't eat, or we don't want her to eat. Also, I've been known to drink beer on Friday nights. Sometimes ice cream for dessert. And something good to watch on TV, usually some kind of crime series. We're currently watching the new series of The Killing, which we thought was cancelled, but apparently was saved by Netflix.

:yes::up::p

We don't often have anything special on Fridays but we are watching the film Flight at home tonight so we might order a pizza and I will make some homemade garlic bread and salad to go with it to cut costs.:cool:

Before becoming a Veg*n, I always used to have the same dish; forbidden rice and prawns.

You learn something new everyday, I don't think I have heard of forbidden rice before.:)

We don't often have anything special on Fridays but we are watching the film Flight at home tonight so we might order a pizza and I will make some homemade garlic bread and salad to go with it to cut costs.:cool:

You learn something new everyday, I don't think I have heard of forbidden rice before.:)[/quote

That is why you eat it on a Friday.:p Forbidden or the Emperor's rice has a wonderful unique taste and is a deep
purple in colour.

http://www.blackrice.com/history/

I love pizza on Friday nights and really miss having it.:(

We usually have cheeseless pizza. Obviously, we don't eat dairy cheese since we're all vegans. I think Jen is quite particular about the vegan cheeses she will eat. Personally, I like most of them, or at least tolerate them. But like I said, we usually eat cheeseless pizza, but I do prefer some kind of dip for my pizza. I just need something to counteract the tomato sauce taste, and also up the nutritional value a bit, and I've found that hummus is a great pizza dip. (Yes, I know it sounds crazy.)

We usually have cheeseless pizza. Obviously, we don't eat dairy cheese since we're all vegans. I think Jen is quite particular about the vegan cheeses she will eat. Personally, I like most of them, or at least tolerate them. But like I said, we usually eat cheeseless pizza, but I do prefer some kind of dip for my pizza. I just need something to counteract the tomato sauce taste, and also up the nutritional value a bit, and I've found that hummus is a great pizza dip. (Yes, I know it sounds crazy.)

If it is something that you like, it is not crazy !!! For me, if there is no cheese, it is not pizza !:p

The only vegan cheese that I like in the UK is, Free From cheddar from Tesco's.

I.sometimes use hummus or baba ganoush on pizza instead of red sauce. Yum.

Do you make something special on Friday night or are you to exhausted after a long week at work ?

I have that very special feeling in the morning on Friday and always like to plan a treat for dinner.

Before becoming a Veg*n, I always used to have the same dish; forbidden rice and prawns. It was some kind of ritual.

Firstly it has to start with a cocktail (a Tom Collins or a Pimm's) followed by something delicious. In summer I like lots of fresh vegetables ; guacamole, a huge salad or tortilla wraps. Pizza used to be my treat but without cheese it just doesn't taste the same.

Ice cream is my absolute favourite way to end the meal. My second choice would be a fruit crumble or a bowl of berries and cream.

I get a little stir crazy and need to get the heck out of the house by Friday (with the Mrs.), it's gotten way, way worse since the kids all moved out. The problem is there seems like there no place to go. There is only one restaurant in our town that has a meal on their menu that we eat, veggie fajitas. All the rest of the restaurants are steak, burger or pizza places. Thank goodness their is a nice pub w/in walking distance to our home, we can get out, visit, have a few pints, have some fries, walk home and scrounge some leftovers out of the fridge.

I get a little stir crazy and need to get the heck out of the house by Friday (with the Mrs.), it's gotten way, way worse since the kids all moved out. The problem is there seems like there no place to go. There is only one restaurant in our town that has a meal on their menu that we eat, veggie fajitas. All the rest of the restaurants are steak, burger or pizza places. Thank goodness their is a nice pub w/in walking distance to our home, we can get out, visit, have a few pints, have some fries, walk home and scrounge some leftovers out of the fridge.
You could talk to the pub owner about having a few vegan offerings. I've been successful at 3 restaurants, one a sports pub, at suggesting veg menu items. One bbq place even has a vegetarian section on the menu now, due to people liking the trial phase. (Falafel and salads and stuff mostly).

You could talk to the pub owner about having a few vegan offerings. I've been successful at 3 restaurants, one a sports pub, at suggesting veg menu items. One bbq place even has a vegetarian section on the menu now, due to people liking the trial phase. (Falafel and salads and stuff mostly).

I live in a small (<5,000 peeps) agriculture town in the middle of cattle/sheep country, it will never, ever, ever happen.

Reactions: ledboots