Did Terry Pratchett end his own life? edit : apparently not.

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
Is it known?

Weren't there some last tweets about going off with Death?

Not that I blame him but it should be known if he did or not. And an inquest must be honest.

Maybe he is protecting the person who gave him the means to do it..He shouldn't have written a tweet abot dying if he wanted to pretend it was natural.

And surely he was nowhere near progressed enough in his illness to just die, like that..

I'm just curious....if anyone has more information.

From what I read, pneumonia and his dementia illness were listed as causes of death. It said friends and family were with him.
Those kinds of deaths are usually just considered 'natural causes' and left at that. (US)

when I was in hospital with broken bones, a guy next to me got pneumonia I think..he died fairly quickly.

Pratchett died at his home on 12 March 2015 from his Alzheimer's, according to his publisher.[68] The Telegraph reported an unidentified source as saying that despite his previous discussion of assisted suicide, his death had been natural.
After Pratchett's death, his assistant wrote from the official Terry Pratchett Twitter account:

AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER.

Terry took Death's arm and followed him through the doors and on to the black desert under the endless night.

The End.

so he didn't make the last tweet.
I should have just looked it up first. I did look on wiki a while ago, but there wasn't anything at the time.

I was thnking that he might have written final tweets in anticipation of his death, and asked someone else in advance to tweet them out for him.
yes, or maybe he just talked to the person he knew well, and trusted them to do it themselves.