US Device Invented - Hot Car Deaths

Sometimes I think a little dry erase board on the steering wheel would be a good item- for all kinds of things to remember

Sometimes I think a little dry erase board on the steering wheel would be a good item- for all kinds of things to remember

Apparently people get used to things that are part of their everyday surroundings. I really think that there should be some kind of device that makes a sound like an alarm.

I keep reading all the accounts of what people have related to having forgotten their children in cars. However, I cannot quite comprend it. I couldn't even forget my pet in a car never mind a baby.

It just proves that we are all so different.

I'm amazed by the number of hot car deaths which is on the rise. I still cannot really comprehend how people can forget that they
have a child in the back of the car and simply leave it there all day long.o_O

Most people wouldn't forget their mobile phone so how could they forget their child ? Modern technology doesn't seem to be working so
perhaps a more simple tip like leaving a briefcase/handbag/wallet/mobile phone in the rear seat, could prevent these appalling deaths.

The annual number has increased each year since 2016, when 39 children died from heatstroke in hot cars. In 2017, there were 43 deaths, and in 2018, there were 52, the highest recorded.
Figures, cited by the National Safety Council, are compiled by Jan Null, a meteorologist with the Department of Meteorology and Climate Science at San Jose State University who has tracked U.S. child vehicular heatstroke deaths since 1998.

Safety experts recommend parents always lock car doors and consider putting something in the back seat, such as a purse, near a child's car seat. There are also car seat monitors and various apps such as Kars 4 Kids Safety that can be programmed for reminders.