delicious roasted potatoe

thank you, @beautiful life , for providing a nice video.... here's my issue, the oil

We have had many discussions on this Forum about oil and most know that I try to limit the added oils and this is a perfect example. Because I would never add the oil, as you do in this video, I could get away with eating all of the potatoes in the video and not gain weight or increase the likelihood of getting diabetes. If I ate half the potatoes, in the video, with all that oil that would add 3 or 4 tablespoons of oil that meal and that is about 360-480 added calories, 42-56 grams of fat and no fibre and few/if any other nutrients. A potato has approx. 77 calories so I could eat 4-6 more potatoes instead of that oil and so that would definitely be my choice. If you boil (or instant pot) your potatoes and mix up some amazing spices add them and then roast those same potatoes, without the oil, you will enjoy them just as much! IMO

Emma JC

I have a little oil spritzer. and whenever a recipe calls for a tbsp of oil I just use a spritz. I'm thinking I might make those potatoes but just use the spritzer.

Reactions: Emma JC
A spritz would be better for sure.

I do wedgies all the time, without any oil. I just cook them in the Instant Pot first, lay them out on the sheets, sprinkle them with the spices and turn over part way through. I love when they puff up and if you don't cook them first it takes forever. I read somewhere than cooling them before baking them (after cooking) makes them even better. I rarely wish to wait that long. lol

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
I do wedgies all the time, without any oil. I just cook them in the Instant Pot first, lay them out on the sheets, sprinkle them with the spices and turn over part way through. I love when they puff up and if you don't cook them first it takes forever. I read somewhere than cooling them before baking them (after cooking) makes them even better. I rarely wish to wait that long. lol
How long do you put them in the instant pot first? And do you just use the normal “pressure cook” setting? I’ve been trying to figure out how to roast potatoes without oil, but they just get so dried out in the oven.

How long do you put them in the instant pot first? And do you just use the normal “pressure cook” setting? I’ve been trying to figure out how to roast potatoes without oil, but they just get so dried out in the oven.

I do the regular 10 - 12 minutes and if they are larger potatoes then I cut them in half or into thirds ready to be further sliced for the oven. Smaller potatoes you can do whole.

You could also do the same thing in a pot on the stove and the difference would be that the potatoes would be even more moist as they would be sitting in water. I might try that again next time as it is how I used to do it before I had an Instant Pot.

Emma JC