Delicious alternative to Chicken For Vegans

Igor Garcia

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Personally this is my favourite recipe to replace chicken, as it perfectly captures the taste and texture of actual chicken. I recommend switching to this recipe if you're finding it a struggle to keep yourself away from eating meat.
What you'll need:
1½ cups uncooked white long grain rice
Baking Paper
Tofu (200 grams)
Lettuce
Thyne
Salt and pepper
Paprika powder 20 grams
4-5 limes
2 huge handfuls of fresh cilantro
1 14 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
2-3 avocados
½ cup minced red onion

Instructions:
Roast your Poblano Pepper: Hold it over the flame of a gas range or roast in the oven.

Make the rice: Cook the rice according to package directions, adding the juice of 2 limes. After cooking, fluff and toss with a handful of fresh chopped cilantro and a pinch of salt.

Make the sofritas sauce: Roast the poblano pepper until it's softened, about 10 minutes . Remove stem and place in a blender or food processor with the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, salsa, oil, salt, and sugar. Pulse until a mostly smooth paste forms.

Make the tofu: Slice the tofu and press with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Heat a drizzle of oil over medium high heat and stir fry the tofu until it's starting to get just golden and crispy. Scramble the tofu into small bits with a spatula or wooden spoon. Add the sofritas sauce, ½ cup water, and pinto beans. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, adding more water as necessary.

Make the guacamole: Mash the avocados. Stir in the red onion, cilantro, and juice of 2 limes. Season generously with salt.

Assemble the bowls: Layer the cilantro lime rice with the sofritas mixture and a thwap of guacamole on the side.

My wife recently made a new video about how to make vegetarian lasagna with a step to step tutorial, her link could be found below:

Brilliant Recipe, Cooked for the whole family, they all loved it. Also, Your wifes tutorial is Very helpful.
I would Recommend this for any Vegan out there.

Reactions: Joey Saladinho