Announcement Debate Forum Rules Update

Please, please, let it include trial by combat...

*dang* None of my suggestions ever go through. :p

Actually, I like the change that comments should address the issues being discussed. It'll prevent people from posting stuff like "yah right" or "whatever".

Last edited:
What things aren't we allowed to do now? Are we still allowed to post?

What things aren't we allowed to do now? Are we still allowed to post?

The rules are here. They're roughly the same, mainly just worded to try to make them clearer, one or two have been moved/removed and the preamble explains with more detail the intention of the rules.

The forum doesn't have many rules compared to most forums, the exception being debates which has a history of becoming heated. The rules are there to try to keep debates impersonal and rational. If there's a change in particular you're unhappy with, by all means say. Feedback is good.

There is a little link underneath the post to view the edit history of the post. That way you can see exactly what has changed.

If there's a change in particular you're unhappy with, by all means say. Feedback is good.
I hadn't memorized the rules, so I'm not sure what the changes are. If there are going to be updates to the rules, we should know what they are. What rules have been added, what rules have been removed, etc.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
I hadn't memorized the rules, so I'm not sure what the changes are. If there are going to be updates to the rules, we should know what they are. What rules have been added, what rules have been removed, etc.
Fair enough. I think the changes can be summarized as:
  • The preamble is new. A couple of the rules and etiquette rules have been moved into the preamble, including the rule about reporting personal attacks.
  • The rule about staying on-topic has been re-written and fleshed out a bit, and combined with a rewrite of the etiquette rule about not posting "empty" posts, since there have been complaints that these weren't clear enough.
  • The "use common sense" etiquette has been removed from the etiquette, re-written and put into the preamble.