WWW Daily email from cron daemon?

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I've been getting a daily email from cron daemon sent to my webmail saying the same thing:
Can't open perl script "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/quickinstall/scripts/checkupdates.pl": No such file or directory

What does this mean and why am I getting them? Is there anyway to stop them? I'm guessing they have something to do with my website.

Cron jobs are tasks that run on a Unix / Linux server at given intervals. It sounds like there is or used to be a plugin or extra software for Cpanel called Quick Install? And this cron job wants to run a daily check to see if there is an updated version of this plugin or of Cpanel perhaps.

Reactions: Calliegirl
I recently switched web hosts and it started then. Is it something I should mention to them?

I opened a ticket and they responded within 15 minutes. So far, this host has been a huge improvement over the last one. :)

They said "You don't need to worry about this. It looks like you did the quick install when you started out with WordPress and that's just your host checking for updates.

If you wish we can remove this specific cronjob via cPanel. Please let me know your response on this."

I'm having them remove it.

Reactions: Second Summer