Countdown to Krampus

This is such a horribly made video, but the song and video pops into my head every time I hear someone say "Krampus".

And some terrifying ones. I love how the little kids aren't afraid of them, I supposed because they've grown up with the legend.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
According to the countdown clock, it's only a little more than 2 days away. Some of those parade Krampuses were scary. I'm getting psyched! (even though I don't think my area will have anything going on)

ETA: One of Calliegirl's videos (I think) had this as one of the videos you could play next:

It doesn't play out quite as you might expect. :p

Last edited:
And a happy Krampus Day to you, too!

I was thinking... it might be fun to do a Krampus version of O. Henry's "The Ransom Of Red Chief". Granted, Krampus' specialty is tormenting horrid children, but suppose, just once, he got more than he ever bargained for?...

^^^Yikes. Santa looks almost as grumpy as Krampus in the top image....

Maybe Santa and Krampus have decided to settle their differences once and for all. Loser has to move to the South Pole... or maybe move in with Superman at his Fortress of Solitude.

Yikes. Santa looks almost as grumpy as Krampus in the top image....

Well, honestly, wouldn't you be with that job?? :p LOL

And Krampus is actually Santa's counterpart. He wheedles down the "naughty list".... ;)

Yeah, but that top image... such joyous Christmas greetings indeed. :rofl:Heeheeheehee....

Last edited:
Bwahahaaa! I just took another look at the second image in your first post with Santa and Krampus. They look like a team, or at least friendly rivals.

But good point- Santa doesn't get any breaks with his job.

I found an interview with her and here's what she said about the video...

Please, tell me how the Krampus concept emerged…

I went to Europe to perform with my old band Hard Place. I think it was November. I was walking down the snowy streets of Vienna, looking in shop windows when I noticed all these devil cookies next to Santa cookies…then I saw stuffed animal devils with their tongues hanging out, hiding under Christmas trees. I was amazed. And then my friend told me about Krampus. I knew I had to make a music video about this evil black hairy beast for Christmas. I truly love Christmas…and Krampus just makes it THAT much jollier.

the-krampus-is-coming-for-you.jpg

Reactions: Tom L.