Coronavirus Positivity and Kindness

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Hello 👋,
The crisis is horrible but, in troubling times, we all need even more positivity and kindness. Things will probably be okay for you all. This time will pass. Nothing is permanent.
Please take care of yourself and be as nice to yourself as you can. Eat very healthy, vegan diets, exercise regularly and safely, do yoga, meditate, do art, do things you enjoy kindly and safely, shower every day, brush your teeth and use mouthwash at least twice a day and keep busy. Don’t ruminate on bad stuff. Humans are not ruminants!! Don’t dwell on the negative, but rather dwell on the positive.
Help other sentient beings as much as you can. Donate to help the coronavirus cause. Do CharityMiles (look it up using Ecosia, Everyclick and Goodsearch, supporting good, ethical causes). Write nice notes for random people and those whom you have the pleasure of knowing. Write nice cards for people. Write nice posts and messages. Donate to and fundraise for other causes to help people and animals. Sponsor animals and children.
You all deserve greatest of compassion and love. Remember, things will get better. You can turn your life around if you set your mind to it and you can make things better.
Lots of love 💕 and Best Wishes to all,
Rory.
Have the best day and night ever!

If you don't know if you have a neighborhood facebook group, or Nextdoor, now is a good time to find out!
I've been checking up on mine and so many people ask for and offer up help, and look out for each other. On St Pattys day they posted an activity for kids asking to post a shamrock on your window so they could count them on walks. Other kids are doing greeting cards for shut ins and those in nursing homes. Those who've lost employment due to this requested cat food. People in delivery jobs need hand sanitizers, others haven't found diapers or formula and we're all posting which stores have what. People are volunteering to run errands.
People do come together when they need to, and that kindness is contagious!

I belong to several town Facebook pages. I joined because I have been house hunting and I wanted to get a feel for the communities that I was interested in moving to. I love how people are posting, offering help with meals, childcare and letting people know where to go find items that are scarce. It’s very cool.

There is something positive about this situation... no handshaking or hugs! Perhaps, even after this horrible situation has passed, it'll stay that way?

I have never liked hand shaking due to bugs that people have on their hands. I'm sure that the habit will return. :(

Like wartime, there may be some collateral improvements.
We have already talked about some of the environmental benefits. Maybe even some new and improved habits. maybe people helping others.
Yes. we can find silver linings. And yes we might even see some good.

Most people like hugging, for some reason... I like how you emphasize the word "consenting". That'show it should be. :)
I wasn’t always a hugger. I hated it as a kid. I was always forced to hug family members and I was always uncomfortable. I changed for some reason as I got older. So I understand people who don’t like it. No judgement here. 😊

Ditto on not being too fond of hand shakes... you have to do it out of etiquette, but regret doing it because now you have to wash your hands. And then there's the person who shakes other's hand too tightly...

Hug is quite an intimate gesture, I don't hug people other than close relations, children are prone to being hugged due to their cuteness, but I'm sure they dislike it just as much as adults do :p

One effect this has on the public is striking the fear of the word "virus" deeply into everyone, maybe we'll cease to use "viral" because of this...

More and more local businesses are offering free meals to kids and/or donating food from their establishments to those workers who are on the frontline taking care of the community. <3

I have a graduate degree in economics. Predicting the economy is like predicting the weather. It is too complex for any single person to understand. The coronavirus was an ugly little surprise. But, things will get better.

Here is an example about what I am talking about. The crash of the stock market in 1929 took place at the beginning of the Great Depression. It seemed like the end of the world. The traditional legend is that people lost a fortune in the stock market. This is not entirely true. Long term investors who slowly moved in the market over a period of years and then slowly moved out of the market over a period of years did not lose a dime. The speculators who thought they could outsmart the stock market lost everything.

The stock market is currently down quite a bit due to the coronavirus scare. I personally suspect that the stock market is down because people have a short term demand for cash. People are hoarding cash just like they are hoarding toilet paper.

I am optimistic.

1929.jpg

Last edited:
It feels very nice that it's socially acceptable now-a-days to obtain personal space.
I'm not sure how people in general respect that, but at least in my work place it hasn't been a problem.
They don't think that I'm rude, weird or antisocial. I can have my comfy 1 or so meters and no one questions it.