News Corbyn chooses a vegan for shadow cabinet

While I absolutely 100% support the appointment, I do fear that the UK electorate isn't yet ready for this, that it's "Alice in Wonderland politics" as old Tony infamously quipped. Though perhaps after another 5 harrowing years of Tory "governance", the electorate might just be ready for anything less sickening than what we have now.

Edit: Of course, while she is vegan in her personal life, that doesn't necessarily have to influence the political platform she'll be advancing. Or does it?

*She has also campaigned against the Government's badger cull and fox hunting in her role as vice-president of the League Against Cruel Sports.*

This is certainly worthy of mention.

Hilary Benn(Labour) was the actual Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs from 2007-2010, and he is a vegetarian. There was talk about the conflict of interest.

One of the smarter commenters said:
Veganism has zero relevance to her capability to do her job.
You could just as ridiculously ask how they would cope with a left winger, since most farmers vote Tory.

I was quite shocked to read the comments ... because many people there (at least the ones I could see) actually made sense and many were critical to meat eating. Would not have expected that.