Animal Advocacy Controversial PETA UK campaign on London buses in October

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
The edgy campaign shows a particularly overweight man sat on one side of a bus.

The bus seems to almost tip over but, look closely, and you'll see it's just an optical illusion.
According to Peta's Senior Programmes Manager, Yvonne Taylor:
"People who insist on stuffing themselves with Sunday roasts, bacon, cheese and eggs are throwing their health under the bus," she said, highlighting the irony.
Peta roll out controversial vegan adverts London busses | Latest News | Latest Breaking News | Daily Star (The Daily Star Online, 15. Sept. 2015)

I don't really mind the ad myself, and I'm probably about the size of that man.

I did lose 10stone when I cut out eggs and dairy, but that is simply because of the reduction of choice in shops of vegan food..If Tesco had sold vegan chocolate cakes, I may not have lost any weight, in fact I would have carried on putting it on, and if there was a vegan brie, then I probably would be bedridden by now....:rolleyes:

on further thought, I might have been upset to see that in real life, if I had been walking down the road.....I dunno.

Yes, I thought it was insensitive as well. I don't feel convinced this campaign is going to help a lot of overweight people.

I was thinking, maybe this isn't about overweight people becoming vegan, maybe it is 'lets all poke fun at da fat people. Those Peta people are allright, poking fun at them fatties...lets turn vegan!'

Last edited: