Bug Connection issues?

IC_

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello, sometimes when opening a page on this website I will randomly get an error like this from my browser:
Screenshot_20201217_180819.png
After reloading the page it will work fine, but it's still a bit annoying when it happens. I don't have this issue on any other websites, it seems to be specific to this website.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I've been experiencing this issue ever since I found this website and registered my account.

Hi IC_, sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue and thanks for reporting it.

I'm not aware of any problem with our server that could result in such connection issues for users. The only explanation I can think of is that there must be a problem with the routing of packets between your location and the location of our server.

The server is located in the UK. Do you regularly visit any other websites in the UK (e.g. BBC News) and if so, are they loading OK?

If anyone else is also experiencing similar issues, please do let me know.

Reactions: IC_
Oh, I did get that this morning, but only once.

I'm not sure if any other websites I regularly visit are hosted in the UK, but I don't remember experiencing this kind of issue on any other website and I have probably visited a UK website at some point.

Oh, I did get that this morning, but only once.
OK, I forgot that I run a database backup at 10am every day, which probably blocks the site for a brief amount of time. Maybe that was it?
I'm not sure if any other websites I regularly visit are hosted in the UK, but I don't remember experiencing this kind of issue on any other website and I have probably visited a UK website at some point.
Yes, but the issue only appears occasionally, right? So you would have to visit a site regularly to have a chance of experiencing it.

If the forum appears to be unavailable for longer than just very briefly, then you can check if it's down for everyone or just you:

OK, I forgot that I run a database backup at 10am every day, which probably blocks the site for a brief amount of time. Maybe that was it?
I had this problem, run the "nice" command or all CPU resources are allocated during the backup process until the backup has completed