Companion Animals Griping About Humans

Urban Gardener

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Translations may or may not be accurate . . .

IMG_4220.JPG

Human spends too much time indoors. Stares at phone too much. Does not share enough greasy food.

We need to run and play outside all day, chase cats, meet new friends - canine and human.

I should decide the direction of our walks. Human needs more exercise.

Dog gripes about humans:
01. Human companions never leave sent marks to establish territory in front yard. That is so irresponsible. So I have to do all the work.
02. I have to babysit a human baby every day.
03. Baby continues to chew on my tail after she begins teething.
04. Humans accuse me of being spoiled. I spend all day watching for strangers and dangers. I work hard.
05. I left a dead bird on my my human companion's bed. All I got was screams. That is so unappreciative. The next time I find a dead bird, I will not share.

In the Netflix animated show She-Ra And The Princesses of Power is this scene where Bow is being held in captive by the Horde. And then this boy,- whose name I don't remember,- who has been raised by the Horde, gets excited over how Bow "is the only one who has ever listened to me." And Bow responses with "I don't have much of a choise... I'm your prisoner."

I have often thought that maybe companion animals suffer from some sort of Stockholm syndrome. And I feel bad because I live in an appartment and the cat has no way of getting outside to explore by herself.
There is this uneven power setting that is unnerving...
Damn... If the cat dies before I do, I probably won't get another pet unless I move to country side and can let the cat(s) do whatever they wish. After being neutered or spayed etc...

I don't know if the cat complains about me. I don't think she knows any better. But sometimes I think that she is bored and would like to go on her own somewhere ouside.

Last edited by a moderator: