Robin

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Most the people I know think us vegans don't get to have those so awesome comfort foods but I have them all the time vegan style.

Last night for dinner I made vegan Tomato soup with grilled vegan cheese sandwich.
It took me less than 15 min. too cook and enjoyed every single bite.
I do vegan style meatloaf, mashed potato's, gravy & biscuits
Spaghetti & Meatballs
Even Mac. & Cheese.

Whats your fav. Vegan style comfort food??

• pasta with spag sauce and lots of garlic onion etc is number one
  • anything with rice/beans/veg aka burrito bowl/buddha bowl
  • Gardein turkey roll with lots of potatoes/carrots/broccoli/gravy
Emma JC
all those sound really good..

Hot chocolate made with soy milk and Equal Exchange Dark Hot Chocolate.

Grilled cheese sandwiches.

corn chips, nondairy ice cream, homemade cookies.

Reactions: Robin and betiPT
Omnivores are confused, if they think that vegans lack comfort food. :neutral: Everything with carbs and fat is basically a comfort food.

I feel like a broken record, but I just like these foods so much:

Mashed potatoes with a boiled carrot and spicy tofu.
Noodles with TVP, sauce and vegetables.
Rice porridge, with walnuts, banana and cinnamon.
Oatmeal with banana and roasted, grinded flaxseeds and dried blue berries. Or with peanutbutter, banana and walnuts.

Then some snacks that also bring comfort:
Bread with tofu and cucumber.
Banananananas and peanut butter.
Cup of warm oat drink.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my we had the ultimate comfort food last night....

one large sweet potato, 3 large white potatoes, 2 large carrots cooked in the Instant Pot
on the stove top, onion/jalapenos/bell peppers sauted in brine and spices
also on the stove top chopped onion/jalapeno and a can of breakfast beans

potatoes/carrots then cut into cubes and put in with the onions/jalapenos and bell peppers and mixed

then into a large bowl each with the beans at the side and flavoured with hot sauces, some vinegar, a drizzle of tahini

we were literally moaning with the comfort.... lol

Emma JC

Reactions: Robin and betiPT
This is going to sound cliche, but I find all whole plant foods comfort foods. When i eat whole foods, knowing the nutritional benefits I'm getting, plus the fact that no one has to die in the process of my nourishment, it just feels good. *Food is life* now, in all ways. Eating used to give me a lot of stress... Stress over was I going to get fat(ter), stress over the constant cravings for junk food... With all of that removed, food and eating is now peaceful, and life giving, even if it's something as simple as a banana.

Last edited:
- Homemade cashew cheese with potatoes, carrots, nooch, tahini and spices. It's the best thing ever.

- Cheap Top Ramen, sometimes with hot sauce (I even make a meal of it occasionally with tofu and greens mixed in).

- Pasta and vegan pizza. When I still ate cheese I loved Italian food and Mexican food. I've made adjustments.

- Potatoes with vegan brown gravy

- Holiday roasts with all the fixings. Field Roast and Tofurky both.

- Beyond Burgers. Yeah I know they're taking over the world, but they taste good. Fight me! (J/K)

- The Almond Breeze non-dairy milk flavor that has real bananas in it, I could drink a carton in a day lol.

So I had to get something out of the top cupboard last week and rediscovered the Salton Sandwich maker my dad gave me 30 years ago and that I hadn't used in like 20.

I has some sliced Field Roast Chao in the frig that I use for grilled cheese sanwiches. but I thought I would try this guy again.
The sandwich came out great. I especially like the fact that when it reaches a certain temperature it turns off and the light goes off. I love set and forget appliances. Really good sandwich.
the only minus is that it doesn't have the depth to do anything beside a slice or two of cheese. I like adding a slice of tomato or maybe even a Just Egg Foldable to my grilled cheese sandwiches.

Reactions: Emma JC
I'm wanting it now--pizza crust spread with garlic mayo, topped with vegan mozz shreds and a mushroom blend with herbs and good olive oil (Trader Joes frozen mushroom medley)

A tofu quiche with sauteed veggies over a hash brown crust

Hot sour soup

jackfruit seitan bbq ribs

A tempeh bac'n reuben with sauerkraut and melted vegan cheese on rye

Scalloped herbed potatoes

tofu spinach artichoke dip

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou