Nutrition & Diet Coconut Palm Sugar

I have some coconut sugar. I fell for the less bad pitch, lol.

I bought 500 g of coconut sugar at London Drugs on Vancouver Island. I'm planning to make a low carb cake and will see how it tastes.

Thanks for sharing the article. It's really interesting to open up the contemplation.
I do use coconut sugar (also called coconut nectar) for making raw vegan chocolate with, although I definitely feel that it is best in moderation. I never eat regular refined sugar and opt to use things like rice syrup, maple syrup or apple juice concentrate to sweeten with. There's always a question there for me about those things tho'.
How did your cake turn out btw?
My husband is on his way to Vancouver Island right now - what a small world :)

Crumble 9:14  2.jpg

Crumble  9:14  3.jpg

Apple & cinnamon crumble made with local apples, kamut, quinoa ,brown rice flour and coconut sugar, served with Oatly cream.

Thanks for sharing the article. It's really interesting to open up the contemplation.
I do use coconut sugar (also called coconut nectar) for making raw vegan chocolate with, although I definitely feel that it is best in moderation. I never eat regular refined sugar and opt to use things like rice syrup, maple syrup or apple juice concentrate to sweeten with. There's always a question there for me about those things tho'.
How did your cake turn out btw?
My husband is on his way to Vancouver Island right now - what a small world :)

I have only used it for making crumbles and the end result was great. However, I never use refined sugar and always use wholegrain products when baking.

I may try and make a cake using the coconut sugar and will let you know about the end result.

What part of the island is your husband going to visit ? I flew into Nanaimo and stayed for 10 days and managed to stock up with food that isn't available over here.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Trinity
Oh wow! That sounds and looks absolutely delicious! Actually I think I'm going to make one at the weekend now, maybe even tomorrow. You've inspired me.

My husband is staying near Victoria. A bit of a haven for vegans & vegetarians I have heard... so I am looking forward to hearing more.