CNBC names Hampton Creek #24 in their top 50 disruptor list

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
In Josh Tetrick's world, he doesn't ask which came first—the chicken or the egg. The company he founded in 2011, Hampton Creek, simply bypasses the chicken altogether. Its products—Just Mayo, Just Cookie Dough and, later this year, Just Scramble—are made with pea protein and other plant-based ingredients instead of eggs...
Hampton Creek 2015 Disruptor 50

In the third annual Disruptor 50 list, CNBC features private companies in 16 industries—from aerospace to financial services to cybersecurity to retail—whose innovations are revolutionizing the business landscape. These forward-thinking upstarts have identified unexploited niches in the marketplace that have the potential to become billion-dollar businesses, and they rushed to fill them...
2015 CNBC's Disruptor 50

There's another vegan food company on their list: #42 Impossible Foods.

It's nice to see an ethical company doing so well. :)

Last edited:
The mayo is available in a lot of places in the US. Unilever (Hellman's Mayo) tried to sue them at one point because they said they were losing too big of a market share to the vegan mayo. I get it at the local supermarket and it's really good. The cookie dough is a little harder to find but it's supposed to be stocked at more places soon.

Just mayo is everywhere here - even the dollar store! I've seen the cookie dough but it was very expensive.

The mayo is really good...best vegan mayo out there, so far, IMO.

Reactions: ledboots
Just mayo is delicious, pretty cheap, and in the non-refrigerated regular mayo section (vs the specialty refrigerated vegannaise type section) of some stores, I believe even wal-mart. Some environmentalist rich guys (Gates I believe?) chucked a bunch of money into this to help the egg problem. Good news. :)