Clearfoods claims meat in veggie dogs

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
There's a new startup company, Clearfoods, claiming to do testing on food to see what's really in it and offering the reports for sale. One of the problems is though, they makes all sorts of claims about things, like meat in veggie dogs, but then won't name the products or show the test results.
They are offering their first report for free, and it's about hot dogs. They claim that certain veg*n hot dogs have meat and human DNA, but refuse to name these companies. When asked why, they claim they aren't whistleblowers. :rolleyes:

The other (biggest) problem with this is that most people don't take the time to read or questions things, so their report has gone viral and everyone is afraid of eating veggie dogs. Hmmm....kind of makes you wonder if it's put out by the meat industry, or if they're simply taking advantage of gullible people.

They also have this disclaimer on their website:
Clearfood.com, Clear Labs, Inc., their third party licensors and their officers, directors, employees, agents and contractors ("personnel") do not warrant that the Content is accurate, reliable, current or error free, that errors will be corrected or that the website will be uninterrupted or secure, free of viruses or other harmful components.
So basically, they don't have to tell the truth.

I'm happy to see others are questioning their testing, and asking questions on their Facebook page. :)
Here's a link to the report if you want to see it for yourself. Clear Food - The Hot Dog Report

Last edited:
wow my eyes rolled so hard they almost fell out of my head. I think they're targeting vegetarians as they're concerned about what's in their food and perceived as healthy eaters. hotdogs arent exactly known for being healthy and made of whole cuts of meat! Look at the horse meat scandal and how much of a big deal that was - if they are making hotdogs with human DNA in deliberately, why wouldn't you want to be a whistleblower if this was true? (or did the researcher just cut his finger when he was slicing up hotdogs?).

I'm so confused. The information is so wishy washy (although pretty) but it doesn't actually give you the option to even 'pay' to view the report. What are they looking to gain?

I'm so confused. The information is so wishy washy (although pretty) but it doesn't actually give you the option to even 'pay' to view the report. What are they looking to gain?
That's the free report to entice people to buy future reports.

Also, they have Gardein listed in their top 10 for safe hot dogs. Gardein doesn't even make one.

Last edited:
I am not understanding how the meat contamination nor the human DNA contamination supposedly occurred.

Reactions: ledboots