UK Claire Douglas

Clairey

Vegan wannabe
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hello. My name is Claire. I am age 54. I am replacing lifestyle with vegan and hopefully healthier. I live on my own in Hertfordshire (Hemel Hempstead). I have two pet rabbits (herbivores). Their droppings do not smell.

welcome Claire!

We are thrilled to have you join the forum and look forward to your contributions and hopefully we can be helpful to you in your new lifestyle.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Clairey
Welcome to VF, Claire! One of my favorite musicians hails from Hemel Hempstead: Steven Wilson. :)

Hello. I don't know of him. What type of music? and his age of possible.
He was/is back in Porcupine Tree (but with some new members now), which is classified as prog, but they run the gamut from pop to prog to hard rock. They've been around since the late 1980s. He also had a band called No-Man with Tim Bowness and another collaboration called Blackfield with Israeli singer Aviv Geffen. Both bands are on the pop- art rock spectrum. He's also put out solo stuff in other genres under various names (atmospheric instrumental stuff under Bass Communion, for example). Plus he has solo stuff under his own name. I believe he's in his 50s now. Quite prolific. I didn't discover him and his bands until the early 2000s, but I'm sure glad I did. I didn't care for his last solo effort, but the new Porcupine Tree album is pretty good.

He was/is back in Porcupine Tree (but with some new members now), which is classified as prog, but they run the gamut from pop to prog to hard rock. They've been around since the late 1980s. He also had a band called No-Man with Tim Bowness and another collaboration called Blackfield with Israeli singer Aviv Geffen. Both bands are on the pop- art rock spectrum. He's also put out solo stuff in other genres under various names (atmospheric instrumental stuff under Bass Communion, for example). Plus he has solo stuff under his own name. I believe he's in his 50s now. Quite prolific. I didn't discover him and his bands until the early 2000s, but I'm sure glad I did. I didn't care for his last solo effort, but the new Porcupine Tree album is pretty good.
I found him on Google. Not really my type of music but I will listen out if I come across it in the future.

Reactions: PTree15
Welcome! I don't currently have any animal companions, but have adopted rabbits in the past. I had Sony, a black doe, from January 1997 to late 1999. I don't know how old she was when I brought her home from the shelter; she had a spunky personality, but wasn't mean. In the summer of 2000 I adopted two bucks: Hans (a black and white mini-Rex) and Franz (a Dutch Dwarf who wasn't quite fully grown). They got along well after they were neutered, but each had his own cage; Hans was the more easygoing and affectionate of the two. Are you familiar with the House Rabbit Society?

I love all kinds of music, but my favorites are Classical, classic rock, Indian (although I don't know that much about it), Celtic, and "oldies" (1960s pop). My dad used to have country music playing on the car radio when my family was out, and I listened to contemporary Country in the '80s (along with my square-dancing friends), but I'm kind of lukewarm on most country that's coming out now (although I listen to that too).

I visited the UK and Ireland back in 2000. It was an adventure and I loved it!... Stonehenge, Newgrange, several castles....

Reactions: bEt and Clairey
I can remember my Dad singing in the car driving to Scotland. I was born under a wondering star.
My scotch clan ancestry lived in castles.
I have not travelled out of Britain much, one or two holidays abroad in childhood so not visited the US but do not know what might be in the future.

Reactions: Tom L.