Christmas Day Breakfast

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Do you have anything special for breakfast on Christmas day or is it just cereal or toast ?

Some people that I know have buck's fizz and festive omni food to celebrate.
I just have my normal breakfast as I find that too much food and drink in one day doesn't make you feel good. Who wants to end up with indigestion or worse, on Boxing day ?
Just the thought of having Champagne for breakfast instead of coffee make me feel dizzy.:D

I generally have a light version of my usual breakfast but not too much because I might eat a lot that day...

Champagne or any alcohol in the morning sounds difficult to me.

I generally have a light version of my usual breakfast but not too much because I might eat a lot that day...

Champagne or any alcohol in the morning sounds difficult to me.

We are not in the majority :D Reminds me of when I travel with Virgin Atlantic. In their Upper Class lounge they
automatically ask whether you want a glass of Champagne, even at 7 in the morning. :p I usually wait until 10.30 to have a cocktail.

Reactions: Freesia
Yes I dont really drink on Christmas day. Maybe have one glass of wine.

I have had a nice fruit salad, yoghurt, croissants and champagne for Christmas breakfast a few times. This year will probably just be toast and marmalade though.:p

We are not in the majority :D Reminds me of when I travel with Virgin Atlantic. In their Upper Class lounge they
automatically ask whether you want a glass of Champagne, even at 7 in the morning. :p I usually wait until 10.30 to have a cocktail.

Ooh, upper class.;)

On major holidays where I know a big feast is typically involved, I keep my morning meals pretty light. My boyfriend's mum makes crepes for breakfast this time of year, but they are no longer on the menu for me. I will probably just make the usual fare, cereal or a vegan omelet. If I wanna shake it up a bit, I might make waffles or pancakes. This year however, I am severely lacking any festive cheer.

I have had a nice fruit salad, yoghurt, croissants and champagne for Christmas breakfast a few times. This year will probably just be toast and marmalade though.:p

Ooh, upper class.;)

It really is the best part of my holiday and the staff are the friendliest that I've ever met. I'm lucky to
be invited.
The first video gives you a general idea but the author has left out lots of nice spots. The food so much
better than what he filmed.:( Their hot cinnamon doughnuts with coffee cream are to die for.

The second one is filmed in a more professional manner and gives you a better idea. I always have my breakfast in the lounge overlooking the runway, where you have the seat hanging from the ceiling. Old habits die hard. :p

The fast track lane is amazing....I wish I could take it when flying back home with easyjet!!!!!

We just have our regular breakfast, which for me means nothing (I'm a terrible breakfast eater!) x I also couldn't imagine drinking so early and this year I have bought no booze as 1) I can't afford it and 2) I bought all the food so I refuse to buy the booze too!

Reactions: thefadedone
We don't do Christmas dinner. We do breakfast instead. This year we're making blueberry buckle and fresh orange juice. We may or may not use it to make mimosas. ;)

Vegan pancakes and french toast...and maybe some Smart Bacon for the hubby. Although I'm really in the mood for some kind of quiche. I've been wanting to try one using tofu but have yet to do it. I have a few minutes before I run to the store, so I think I'll google for some recipes. :)

Just the usual breakfast and bigger meal later on in the day. I had no clue that drinking champagne or any type of alcohol was a tradition on Christmas Eve, especially in the morning:yuck:. I thought everyone just waited until New Year's Eve.

I've never even thought of having something special for breakfast on Christmas. I've always just had the same breakfast as usual, or skipped breakfast for sleeping in. I have some homemade waffles in the freezer, now I wish I had some Smart Bacon to go with them. Unless I have another reason to leave the house today, I probably won't go out to get any, though.

Got up bright and early to get some homemade wasail simmering so the smell was permeating the house by the time my girlfriend woke up. Now when it's done we can throw it in a thermos so we have warm wasail during snowmobile breaks. Fun day ahead :)