CHP Rescues Dog on California Highway

Ugh. So upsetting to see the poor thing shaking...must be so traumatized. Wish she was found in Poppy's area...she rescues/fosters chihuahuas. I hope this sweet puppy finds a good home.

Reactions: Trinity
Ugh. So upsetting to see the poor thing shaking...must be so traumatized. Wish she was found in Poppy's area...she rescues/fosters chihuahuas. I hope this sweet puppy finds a good home.

:yes:

I don't know how the owner had the nerve to leave the mite in the middle of the motorway.

I think that the officer was a very sweet man to have stopped and coaxed the baby with a protein bar (another reason to have one in my handbag) and to have saved her. I'm sure that many people will be ringing in to adopt the poor mite.

What a wonderful thing he did! I do hope he didn't let the dog eat any of the protein bar, as it may have contained chocolate, which is toxic to dogs.

I think it was worth the risk. :) My vet said my 12 pound dog would have to eat 8 oz of chocolate for any concern.

Definitely !! It is dark chocolate that is toxic and furthermore the pooch would have to have eaten a certain amount. The most important thing was to rescue the mite from the danger due to such heavy traffic. She certainly would not have survived on that ledge.

That CHP is my hero.:p

Reactions: Mischief