Choose your kind of diet

Damo

Forum Legend
Reaction score
A new little feature that may turn out to be fairly useful. 

If you go to your "user control panel" then click "edit profile" you should see in "additional information" that you have an option to list your diet. 

This information will also show in your postbit on posts you create like this... Why not give it ago? :D

It's not mandatory that you have it listed but for those of you that would like to list it... It's there :)

nLCqJe1.png

Thats really clever :D

I don't think mine has a name though! I eat fish and eggs, but only at home as they are locally sourced next door but one and I know they are free range. Other than that no meat and no dairy. I never ever know what to call myself other than fussy lol :p

Anyone have any ideas is there is a title for my diet?

Torialou said:
Thats really clever :D

I don't think mine has a name though! I eat fish and eggs, but only at home as they are locally sourced next door but one and I know they are free range. Other than that no meat and no dairy. I never ever know what to call myself other than fussy lol :p

You have what we call a 'special diet'! Organic maybe, but it's good, you eat for your needs and because it suits you.

I'm not a huge fan of labels, because there are people who can't eat meat or have a vegetarian based diet, but don't mind chicken stock, lard or gelatin. They only don't want to eat meat, so they aren't technically vegetarians, but they are to others and may call themselves that and that's okay too. I have been a vegetarian too long to see petty squabbles over a label and seen people who dip in and out of vegetarianism for health reasons or lifestyle changes.

Alexia said:
Torialou said:
Thats really clever  :D

I don't think mine has a name though!   I eat fish and eggs, but only at home as they are locally sourced next door but one and I know they are free range.  Other than that no meat and no dairy.  I never ever know what to call myself other than fussy lol  :p

You have what we call a 'special diet'! Organic maybe, but it's good, you eat for your needs and because it suits you.

I'm not a huge fan of labels, because there are people who can't eat meat or have a vegetarian based diet, but don't mind chicken stock, lard or gelatin. They only don't want to eat meat, so they aren't technically vegetarians, but they are to others and may call themselves that and that's okay too. I have been a vegetarian too long to see petty squabbles over a label and seen people who dip in and out of vegetarianism for health reasons or lifestyle changes.

I do not want to eat meat but I struggled to give up Tuna and Haddock, I tried for a while but I just could never get over wanting it so I decided to not cut my nose off despite my face.  Morals are good but sometimes we just have to be ourselves too.  

I have a few friends with similar diets but most of them do eat chicken as well, it's just red meats they do not eat.  

I do say that I am vegetarian when eating out because it is too hard to explain to people and I rarely eat a fish meal out because I do not know about where it is sourced.