Chipotle Testing Tofu Option

From your link,
" It’s about time.Chipotle Mexican Grill, a fast-food chain that prides itself on using natural ingredients (and serves more naturally-raised meat than any other chain), has announced that they’re rolling out a shredded tofu option in San Francisco next month. Called “Sofritas”, the tofu will be braised with tomatoes, chipotle sauce, and poblano peppers."

WANT IT NOW! :)

Damn. I thought I was going to be the first to post this!

(Heh)

Sorry I beat you to it. I guess great minds think a like.:D

The closest Chipotle restaurant is an hour away from me and I've only been there a couple of times and I wasn't impressed. I prefer Moe's and will choose Moe's over Chipotle if there's one nearby. They have lots of vegan options (including marinated tofu), free unlimited nachos and salsa, and they're cheaper. The atmosphere is different too. It's much more relaxed and laid back.

From your link,
" It’s about time.Chipotle Mexican Grill, a fast-food chain that prides itself on using natural ingredients (and serves more naturally-raised meat than any other chain), has announced that they’re rolling out a shredded tofu option in San Francisco next month. Called “Sofritas”, the tofu will be braised with tomatoes, chipotle sauce, and poblano peppers."

WANT IT NOW! :)

I am interested in how exactly they are going to go about shredding tofu. Even once it's been frozen it still lacks the right texture for shredding.

Sorry I beat you to it. I guess great minds think a like.:D

The closest Chipotle restaurant is an hour away from me and I've only been there a couple of times and I wasn't impressed. I prefer Moe's and will choose Moe's over Chipotle if there's one nearby. They have lots of vegan options (including marinated tofu), free unlimited nachos and salsa, and they're cheaper. The atmosphere is different too. It's much more relaxed and laid back.
I like Tijuana Flats the best, then Moe's, then Chipoltle, it's ok. There is one bowl there that's good, brown rice and stuff. They are all near me, but I would love to try those tofu shreds. I don't like Moe's tofu.

Reactions: sleepydvdr