NSFW Cheekyexploits - life-affirming fun or showing contempt?

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
“I’m proud of my butt,” they say – because of course, this appears to be a trend started in America and perpetuated by American tourists.

“I don’t care if my mom sees the photo.” But it’s not about your 'mom', is it?

It’s about the people who live there. It’s about perpetuating the ugly American (and Australian and Brit) stereotype. Because if there’s one thing that links the bum cheeks on the Cheeky Exploits account, it’s that the vast majority are toned a pasty white.
More: The hideous new travel trend sweeping social media (28. April 2017)

Is the view enhanced by the addition of bare bottoms? I tend to lean towards "yes" - at least if it's a nice-looking one! There's nothing ugly or disrespectful about the human form, nothing that offends Nature by taking your clothes off.

By the way, cheekyexploits appear to be similar to (Norwegian) naking.

Last edited:
I will leave this trend to younger bottoms. They are, however, a major distraction. I can't remember a single place where they were taken. :rolleyes:

*goes to google naking

eta - :blush:

Last edited:
I am not offended by naked bodies, but there's a time and a place for everything. If people are alone and want to take pictures of their butts, go for it. However, I think it's rude for people to pull their pants down in front of others (which is what happened to the author of the article). If I pay a lot of money to go on a trip, I don't want look at that. Sorry. And I say that as someone who loves her own butt.

I think it's rude, as are most things that people do simply to draw attention to themselves.

Yes, I can live without seeing random butts but I wouldn't freak out if it happened. I did send the article to my daughter...she used to have a thing for mooning when she was younger, lol.

Reactions: Poppy
I guess I'm pretty judgemental about bodies. I do not want to see any old, flabby, saggy, too large, too flat @ss. I call yuck on most of the pics. If they want to flash in public they should work on themselves and learn the artful display of nudity and titilation. Just my unpopular, body shaming, negative view

I guess I'm pretty judgemental about bodies. I do not want to see any old, flabby, saggy, too large, too flat @ss. I call yuck on most of the pics. If they want to flash in public they should work on themselves and learn the artful display of nudity and titilation. Just my unpopular, body shaming, negative view

Well, they are all youngish, fairly slim butts, even if not especially fit.

When I looked at the pictures, my thought was that the same people displaying their butts for all to see would find it gross if people with wrinkly, or sagging, or large butts were to do the same thing they are doing.

But really, they might as well be stomping their feet, yelling "LOOK AT ME!!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!!" at the top of their voices. Very toddler-ish.

Well, they are all youngish, fairly slim butts, even if not especially fit.

When I looked at the pictures, my thought was that the same people displaying their butts for all to see would find it gross if people with wrinkly, or sagging, or large butts were to do the same thing they are doing.

But really, they might as well be stomping their feet, yelling "LOOK AT ME!!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!!" at the top of their voices. Very toddler-ish.
That's it! I really don't mean what I said, but you hit it on the head- it is the "MEEEEEE!" that makes them all so unattractive
The most technically beautiful people can be so ugly, and imperfection so appealing in anothers form.
These pictures showing the total disregard for others experience is really ugly.

I am amazed that the article again/still mentions the story of the tourists who were tried for "obscene acts" in Malaysia.
As I was living there at the time when it happened, I would like to add that 98 % of people in Malaysia did NOT believe that taking nekkid pictures on a mountain caused an earthquake by angering the local gods and most people who I know there rather shook their head at the local authorities (who would also be quick to charge an unmarried couple with the same offense for holding hands in public)

Other than that, I can not help but notice that displaying one's butt has become more and more common, if I look at what people are nowadays wearing to the gym or even the office. So this trend is possibly just a continuation of that :D