Announcement Change of ownership

Damo

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For those that have been on the forum long enough you may have noticed that my appearances on the actual forums has declined over the past year or so, while I do love the forums I also have other projects and life to deal with which is seemingly taking a lot of my time especially considering I work 9 hours a day, 5 days a week (sometimes 6). The forum needs someone with the time and know how to keep it running smoothly which is why I've made the decision to hand the forum and by hand I literally mean for free, I'm not wanting to sell the forum as I know the buyers are just going to plaster ads everywhere and do as little maintenance as possible, so basically what appears to have happened with veggieboards.

The new owner actually operates a similar board called veggieviews, his plan is to actually merge both forums using our current domain veganforum.org so in terms of change I don't think you're going to be seeing huge differences other than new forums, members and moderators.

I keep speaking of this new administrator/owner though let me introduce you to him @Indian Summer.

We're planning of moving the forum this Sunday over to a server he administers so at some point on Sunday you may witness that the forums going to appear offline for a brief few moments.

I don't believe I've forgotten to mention anything though feel free to ask any questions you may have, myself or @Indian Summer will do our best to answer.

Hi Damo,

Very sorry to see you go. Administrating a forum such as this is far from being the easiest task in the world and your thoughtful efforts over the last four years are very much appreciated. The very best to you for the future.

Roger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Damo
Thank you, Damo, for all the work you have put in and the upgrades and for handing us off to someone who will keep to the spirit of what you have built here.

All the best in your other life and please come by and be part of the forum when you have time.

Welcome @Indian Summer and thank you for taking us over, we look forward to growing with veggieviews.

Emma JC

Reactions: Andy_T and Damo
Damo -

I haven't been here even a year, I don't think, but I'm sorry to see you go. I'm very thankful for the work you've put in and am sorry to see you go. This is one of the best vegan forums (THE best, probably), and I'm also thankful you're not selling it off to some ad-plastering corporation.

Welcome @Indian Summer - Thank you for taking over!!

Edit: Several hours later I just realized I repeated myself... :/

Last edited:
Many thanks for the intro! Damo has done a fantastic job creating and developing this forum, and I very much look forward to getting to know everyone here a bit better. It's a huge privilege to be taking over the ownership and admin role of this forum.

Over the weekend I'll try to post a bit more about my plans and maybe something about my history with other Internet veg* forums.

The move of the forum on Sunday seems to have been a success, although of course the forum was unavailable for several hours that day. That just couldn't be helped, I'm afraid.

A little bit more about myself:

My first online discussion group experiences were on various news groups back in the late 90s, most of them to do with vegetarianism and veganism. Then in 2004 I discovered VeggieBoards, and signed up there as 'Indian Summer', which is a username I've kept since on vegan/vegetarian message boards.

I had many interesting discussions on VB, and during a couple of visits to the US - some work trips and some just vacation, I had the privilege of meeting many of the core members and moderators at the time. I liked them so much I married one of them :)

I was a co-admin on VB between 2009-2012. I learnt a lot, or at least I like to think so!

I quit because the owner sold VB to Huddler. It turned out I couldn't stay away from forum adminstration for very long, because I started VV in May of 2012, and many disgruntled VB members joined me there.

So that's what I've been doing since, in terms of admin'ing online communities, more or less.

Last edited:
Hi Damo,

Very sorry to see you go. Administrating a forum such as this is far from being the easiest task in the world and your thoughtful efforts over the last four years are very much appreciated. The very best to you for the future.

Roger.

Thanks Roger, I'm not going anywhere I'll drop in every so often. :)

Thank you, Damo, for all the work you have put in and the upgrades and for handing us off to someone who will keep to the spirit of what you have built here.

All the best in your other life and please come by and be part of the forum when you have time.

Welcome @Indian Summer and thank you for taking us over, we look forward to growing with veggieviews.

Emma JC

Thank you Emma, I have no doubt that @Indian Summer will keep the board flourishing.
Damo -

I haven't been here even a year, I don't think, but I'm sorry to see you go. I'm very thankful for the work you've put in and am sorry to see you go. This is one of the best vegan forums (THE best, probably), and I'm also thankful you're not selling it off to some ad-plastering corporation.

Welcome @Indian Summer - Thank you for taking over!!

Edit: Several hours later I just realized I repeated myself... :/

I'll still be floating around just not as an administrator, though thank you very much! :)