Challenge - get Betty White to join VV

M

mlp

Spang has had what I think is a terrific idea to build VV - get Betty White to join. What better way to lure new members - the only veggie discussion board whose membership includes Betty White.

He proposes that we all tweet an invitation to her every day.

So the challenge is: create a catchy, funny invitation of 140 characters or less.

Come on, you brilliant, funny minds!

Reactions: Spang
OP
OP
M

mlp

I think one can tweet from one's computer. I've never tweeted - I have the simplest cell phone it's possible to get, and I only use it for that antiquated concept - talking to people with my voice. :p

But I signed up for a Twitter account a while ago - don't remember why, since I'm old and my memory is failing. :p

RascalsMom

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I've never signed up.. one social networking site (facebook) is more than enough for me to keep up with these days. :p

However, Betty White is amazingly awesome and ya'll twitter people should get her here!

Reactions: thefadedone

thefadedone

Needs a life
Reaction score
While I adore Betty White, I am pretty sure she is not actually vegetarian, although she is a huge animal rights activist.

Yeah that's what I thought also. I guess we could also try to get her to ditch the meat eating and go veg.

sleepydvdr

Forum Legend
Reaction score
While I adore Betty White, I am pretty sure she is not actually vegetarian, although she is a huge animal rights activist.

I looked it up on Google and have read that she has been vegetarian for 3 decades. One source even said she was vegan, but that was from a blogger, so I don't know if we can go by that.

Spang

Foot Fetisher
Reaction score
The sources I've found, some more credible than others, suggest that Betty White is a vegetarian.

OP
OP
M

mlp

Why Betty White?
Id be more on board if it were Emilie Autumn ;)

I think that, because of her sense of humor, we'd have a better chance of getting her to sign on. And she's pretty universally loved in the U.S. I would think that's at least part of Spang's reasoning, although I can't speak for him.

D

Digger

Betty White is just plain awesome, and I would love to see her make even one post here...

but we'd have to get the animal rights subforum up first if IS hasn't done that already.