Celsius energy

Chekwa

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Flexitarian
I bought a can of celsius energy, the can says 100% vegan but it contains taurin.. what are yalls thoughts about this?

Although I like people coming here to ask questions, I have to wonder. You could have googled the answer in less time than it took to pose this question. I googled Celsius Energy because I had never heard of it before. I almost never buy energy drinks but I do seem them on the store's shelves. If I did buy one I would buy a vegan one - so I suppose it is good for me to know the name of one.

It does say Vegan on the label and not only that it has been certified vegan by Vegan Org, one of the organizations that do that kind of thing. I suppose the organization could be bogus but I have yet to hear anything about fake vegan products.

The thing about Taurine is that although it is an animal product, the stuff they add to energy drinks is almost definitely synthetic. And since the label states its vegans you can be very sure that the taurine in Celsius is synthetic.

Taurine is an amino acid, but it's not one of the 8 or 9 essential amino acids (ones we need, but can't make out of other things we eat). The word "Taurus" is Latin for "bull", so I figure meat (beef) is a rich source of it, but it might also occur in other foods.

Taurine is an amino acid, but it's not one of the 8 or 9 essential amino acids (ones we need, but can't make out of other things we eat). The word "Taurus" is Latin for "bull", so I figure meat (beef) is a rich source of it, but it might also occur in other foods.

Tom, it's found in all kinds of animal products. It got its name because it was first discovered/isolated in ox bile. I'm not sure if this is true, but I remember reading somewhere that Bull testicles are rich in taurine.

I though it had some kind of energy release - like caffeine, hence the reason its found in so many energy drinks. but I can't find anything on the net to substantiate it.