Vegan Cauliflower Mash

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
1 medium head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets. You could also use frozen.
2 tbs olive oil or plant based spread
plant based cream (2 to 3 tbs)
salt, pepper, grated nutmeg

Steam the cauliflower for approx. 10 minutes until it falls apart.
Place into the food processor with a little of the cooking liquid, oil, spread and cream.
Season with salt, pepper and a generous pinch of grated nutmeg.
Adjust the liquid according to however you like your mash.

Tip : The cauliflower has to be well cooked until it falls apart. It also tastes great reheated.

095a0122.jpg

cauliflower & millet mash.jpg

Last edited:
I've been wanting to make some cauliflower mash since the last week but is seems like we have a shortage of this vegetable. I wonder whether it is due to the cold weather conditions which makes it harder to pick the cauliflower heads from the frozen ground ?

This looks and sounds good, but I always worry about putting something hot in a food processor or blender- I always think it will damage the rubber o-ring between the base and container, or maybe even the container itself (my blender's container/pitcher is plastic, not glass. Anyway, whatever it's made of, I suspect some of its components' melting point isn't that high.)

This looks and sounds good, but I always worry about putting something hot in a food processor or blender- I always think it will damage the rubber o-ring between the base and container, or maybe even the container itself (my blender's container/pitcher is plastic, not glass. Anyway, whatever it's made of, I suspect some of its components' melting point isn't that high.)

It's fine to use a FP to make this recipe. I wouldn't advise using a blender as it would come out to runny.