Caught in a trap; I can't log out.

Skylark

VHS Upcycler
Reaction score
It seems I love VV too much, baby.

I've looked a dozen times this evening and cannot find the "log out" button ANYWHERE. Is this a deeply-rooted conspiracy to keep me from fulfilling my duty as a Secret Santa participant? ;)

Reactions: Tom L.
I don't have an Alerts button, or my username/inbox up there. This is an old computer, though, so it might be because of a not-up-to-date browser.

This is me on a different browser. It still looks the same to me. No Alerts, no username or inbox. When I do have a new alert, the little red box pops up, but that's all.

Have you used control + to make the text bigger? I notice when i do this, the alerts and log out disappear on mine. Control - a few times will make them reappear.

And now I have Suspicious Minds in my head.

Untitled-1.jpg

That is what mine looks like. No inbox or username stuff. But in my case it is because I enlarged the computer text using Control + .

I'd be interested to hear if the "Control -" (control minus) trick works. Several people have reported this issue with the logout button disappearing.

I can only encourage you to try a different browser if the "control -" doesn't work. I'd be very interested to hear what works (if anything).

As a last resort, you can click this link to log out:
http://forum.veggieviews.com/logout/

You should still be able to log out if you click where the button should be.

Half the time my buttons are missing, but I can still click them if I click around that area.

Reactions: TreeHugger
Thanks for the info, Aery.

You can also try a different style (skin). It can be changed by clicking the link in the lower left corner of the window.

Yeah, if the I use any of the veggieviews style the most of the buttons are missing unless I control -

It's why I use the dark skins because I don't have that problem

I've been having this problem for awhile now. The Search button covers the buttons where "Log Out" is located. I tried different browsers and the control - trick and it still doesn't work. I am able to eventually find the log out button by clicking around that area because my username peaks out a bit from under the search box.

At home, my browser opens full-screen, and I can see all the buttons. At work I don't use the browser full-screen, and the buttons over the search bar are often missing. (They are covered up by the search, not really gone.) I can make them appear again by stretching the window to the side, and there they are. As mentioned by Freesia, "control -" works, as well.

Reactions: Freesia
At home, my browser opens full-screen, and I can see all the buttons. At work I don't use the browser full-screen, and the buttons over the search bar are often missing. (They are covered up by the search, not really gone.) I can make them appear again by stretching the window to the side, and there they are. As mentioned by Freesia, "control -" works, as well.

:yes:

When I access vv via my phone or my Ipad (as I am now), the buttons are covered up by the search bar. I assume this is because it's all "compressed" to fit a smaller screen.They're still there, I just have to bang above the area they would be, and I usually can get them. The "k" from kibbleforlola also sticks out, and I can click on my user name that way, and there is an option to log out in that drop down menu.

It seems I love VV too much, baby.

I've looked a dozen times this evening and cannot find the "log out" button ANYWHERE. Is this a deeply-rooted conspiracy to keep me from fulfilling my duty as a Secret Santa participant? ;)
I asked about this in the VV " 'How To' guide " thread, and the next time I logged on to VV, the problem was gone (for me).

This happens to me on my mums computer but I found that if I mouse around the search box a little I can get the dropdown box to appear from under my username and logout from there.

I don't usually log out, so it wasn't an issue for me, but this is useful to know in case I'm on a public computer.

And I have Suspicious Minds circling in my head, now, too. o_O