Cat with 'human' eyes

CrazyCatLady

Forum Legend
Reaction score
So there's a ginger Tom that visits my garden occasionally. He sits on my garden fence outside the back door, when I go out there he doesn't run, but doesn't come over. If I go to stroke him, he turns and gets ready to go away. So I leave him.
My cat will often go sit on the floor outside the door and look at him. I assumed he would look back at her, but instead, he stares at me. Like, REALLY stares at me. He's far enough away that I'm not worried he could jump at my face and claw my eyes out if he didn't like me looking back at him, so I did. He stared into my eye, without blinking or looking away, for so long I felt uncomfortable!! As if I felt it was an awkward situation?! Lol.
Something just didn't feel right, it was like looking into a human's eyes for that long. There was something about them.
I've been brought up with animals all my life and sat looking at them for hours, but never experienced anything like this.
Has anyone else? Xxx

That's very interesting. I even tried to google it and didn't really come up with anything concrete...possibly a control issue such as being the dominant one, or he's sizing you up because he's fearful.
Do you ever feed him? If you do, maybe he was waiting for you to give him something. Bogart stares at me often and I can never seem to figure out what it is he wants. Sometimes he even meows, but usually he just sits there and stares and refuses anything I try to offer him. He's a strange one but I love him. <3

So you didnt mean this then (forgiveness for silliness please)

13066759_6a97_625x625.jpg

Reactions: kazyeeqen and KLS52
That's very interesting. I even tried to google it and didn't really come up with anything concrete...possibly a control issue such as being the dominant one, or he's sizing you up because he's fearful.
Do you ever feed him? If you do, maybe he was waiting for you to give him something. Bogart stares at me often and I can never seem to figure out what it is he wants. Sometimes he even meows, but usually he just sits there and stares and refuses anything I try to offer him. He's a strange one but I love him. <3

Iv only seen him close up a few times. He usually just stares at my cat. I've never got close enough to stroke him, he doesn't look like he would like it...wouldn't attack me I don't think, might just run away.
I've never fed him tho. It's very strange, I'm stood a good way away but he holds my gaze. Nothing like iv ever been looked at before! Xxx

Iv only seen him close up a few times. He usually just stares at my cat. I've never got close enough to stroke him, he doesn't look like he would like it...wouldn't attack me I don't think, might just run away.
I've never fed him tho. It's very strange, I'm stood a good way away but he holds my gaze. Nothing like iv ever been looked at before! Xxx

Prehaps he thinkg you're pretty ? :p