Car woes

Damo

Forum Legend
Reaction score
What's the worst car you've ever owned in terms of reliability to date?

I've owned a Vauxhall Astra for the past 3 years, since then I've had to replace a brake caliper, shock absorbers and a thermostat and now I'm assuming it needs all of it's ignition coils replacing because by design you can't them individually, thanks Vauxhall.

I haven't owned a lot of cars but my current is definitely digging away at my pockets, can't say I'm encouraged to buy another Vauxhall.

So tell me, what's the worst car purchase you've ever made?

My experience is a 2005 Chevy Colorado. I bought it brand new and within one year of ownership, the rear transmission seal blew out 4 times. The 4th blow out fell 1 month past the "Lemon Law" and I was stuck with it. Coincidentally, it never leaked again.

Anything Toyota and the smaller Nissan platforms have proven time and time again to be the most reliable with the lowest cost of ownership.

I'm actually in the market for a 1998-2002 Nissan Frontier.

Yikes... Sounds like an obvious design fault? At least it's stopped leaking!

Japanese cars are certainly known for their reliability, hopefully you don't buy another lemon.

Fixed the Vauxhall earlier this week turned out to be the ignition coil, wonder what's going to fail next...:pensive: