Captain's Log

Any reason why the tool bar (for lack of a better name) is grayed out? Where the options for bold, italic, underline, and more importantly, the smileys/emoticons are? I haven’t been able to use it for awhile now. I know I have my own emotions on my pho that work but I should able to access the tools on vv, right?

Only settings appear to be available.

and OMG...I just clicked on what I thought was a settings button is actually a button that just made everything else available. Are you trying to make me crazy? 😂

I’ve noticed that the search engine doesn’t work correctly on my iPhone. When I tap the search or member box, the keyboard doesn’t come up so I can’t type anything into the boxes. I have to open advanced search in order to search for something. This has been the case ever since I installed iOS 13. It works fine on my iPod 6th gen which doesn’t have iOS 13 because Apple has ended support for the iPod 6th gen, and also on my Samsung tablet. Do you think that it’s because of the iOS update?

Do you think that it’s because of the iOS update?
Yes, I did a Google search and found a few other reports about the keyboard not popping up when it should on iOS 13. It might be something Apple will sort out with an update at some point. I saw some potential workarounds and DIY fixes when I googled, so you could also try that in the meantime.

These iOS updates are annoying sometimes. They fix one thing and then mess up 2-3 others.

Oh fearless leader...can we get rid of the pumpkin and put something more seasonal? Doesn’t have to be christmas/holiday. Didn’t we used to have a snow option? 😁

Reactions: Amy SF
Strange ... can't log on to veganforum.org.
I get asked for one of those "access codes" and even though I entered all the "backup codes" that were generated once by the application, none of them can be confirmed.
Do we really have such a huge problem with identity theft or similar among vegan forum members to necessitate such .... whatever.

Oh fearless leader...can we get rid of the pumpkin and put something more seasonal? Doesn’t have to be christmas/holiday. Didn’t we used to have a snow option? 😁
Thanks!

I decided to remove the post count from the user info block displayed next to your posts. We already have the user titles in the info block which are directly derived from the post count, so I'm thinking that's sufficient. And we can always go to the user profile page to read the exact post count.

Reactions: Val
Hello @Indian Summer !:flower: It's Unghshu speaking.🐨 I'm sorry for having disturbed you, because my issue is very small. But i thought you may not have noticed this thing. ...2 very good smileys disappeared. The left one used to be my beloved one, and if you EVER have time, i would appreciate getting it back.
Thanks in advance.:hug:
[It has been like this for about a week or so]:
Screenshot_2020-06-05-03-02-33-757_com.ecosia.android.jpg

Hello @Indian Summer !:flower: It's Unghshu speaking.🐨 I'm sorry for having disturbed you, because my issue is very small. But i thought you may not have noticed this thing. ...2 very good smileys disappeared. The left one used to be my beloved one, and if you EVER have time, i would appreciate getting it back.
Thanks in advance.:hug:
[It has been like this for about a week or so]:
View attachment 21290
Still? Mine was like that for a couple days, now they're back

Ah, I see what has happened. Those smilies were apparently using graphics still stored inside the veggieviews.com domain. I recently deleted everything there, since I thought everything had been copied over to veganforum.org and I don't want to be paying for two licences ... Maybe the graphics for those two smilies actually have been copied over. If so, I might be able to find them again. If not, I'll have to find them elsewhere, possibly in the backup. I'll see what I can do later.

• Love
Reactions: KLS52 and Val
Ah, I see what has happened. Those smilies were apparently using graphics still stored inside the veggieviews.com domain. I recently deleted everything there, since I thought everything had been copied over to veganforum.org and I don't want to be paying for two licences ... Maybe the graphics for those two smilies actually have been copied over. If so, I might be able to find them again. If not, I'll have to find them elsewhere, possibly in the backup. I'll see what I can do later.
Thanks a lot!:kitty: But if finding them requires a lot of your time and efforts, it'll be perfectly ok to remove them permanently (i'll be ok with it). :hug:

Reactions: KLS52