Captain's Log

P.S. The "set" of emojis that we have had previously, and that we are so used to, doesn't load itself at all.
I've figured out a way to fix these, but it's a very boring, one-at-a-time laborious task ... I've restored all the animals so far.

Edit: You have to hover over the smilies in the menu to make them display the first time.

Last edited:
I've figured out a way to fix these, but it's a very boring, one-at-a-time laborious task ... I've restored all the animals so far.
Cool, thanks! I feel that there is no need to hurry with this task. We (VVers) definitely have time, lol. You have done so much today...:eek:

Cool, thanks! I feel that there is no need to hurry with this task. We (VVers) definitely have time, lol. You have done so much today...:eek:
I feel like I have broken a lot of stuff as well :) But I will call it a night now after having restored about half of the smilies. :sleepy:

Reactions: KLS52
Oh damn I should have posted that in the chat thread. But it works nicely! Can we do that with videos, too? It’s a bit of a pain having to upload them to YouTube just so I can share them here.

Thanks a lot.🧠👍 Sleep well,- you deserved that like no other.:hug::ma:
Well, the party neighbours kept me awake, so I decided to just finish the smilie fix job last night. All smilies should be working again now! (You may have to hover over them for them to display the first time.)
Oh damn I should have posted that in the chat thread. But it works nicely! Can we do that with videos, too? It’s a bit of a pain having to upload them to YouTube just so I can share them here.
The software does allow us to upload videos now, but I'll probably not enable that feature until I find a way of limiting how much space each member consumes (some kind of quota system) as otherwise we'll soon run out of disk space.

Reactions: KLS52 and Poppy
:ma: Yeeeey! Thanks a lot!🥰 ...I didn't understand what "Hover over" meant, so i just pressed on the word "Loading", and they all appeared, lol.🐣
P.S. I don't think my consciousness would allow me to upload videos directly to VV. I upload too much photos, so i'm already ashamed, and i think photos are pretty enough. (If i want to,- i'll continue uploading videos to Google drive or to Youtube and posting links here). (That's better, i guess).🦐

..I didn't understand what "Hover over" meant
'Hover over' means pointing at it with your mouse without clicking. There is no equivalent action if you only use a touch screen such as on a smart phone, since there you either tap or you don't, there's no pointing without 'clicking'. But it sounds like you found a solution to the particular problem, so well done!

Btw, I've noticed that in old posts any embedded tweets (from Twitter) are not being displayed. I'll try to fix this at some point.

Btw, I've noticed that in old posts any embedded tweets (from Twitter) are not being displayed. I'll try to fix this at some point.
Thanks!🤩
I've noticed that Youtube links are not being displayed either... (To be precise, i've seen only one link that has disappeared yet)🐌. It's not that precious for me, but i'm telling you "just in case", if this problem really exists...🦉

I've noticed that Youtube links are not being displayed either...
These issues have now been resolved. Hopefully also any other embedded media that didn't work.

I’m having trouble finding the equivalent to “recent posts”...I found it by accident yesterday so I know it’s there. I think it says “latest” now or something like that. I like to use that sometimes.

I’m having trouble finding the equivalent to “recent posts”...I found it by accident yesterday so I know it’s there. I think it says “latest” now or something like that. I like to use that sometimes.
I dunno..., i can see it. It's depicted as a "lightning" icon on the panel of tools above (on the left of the search icon). But it probably looks different to you (if you have IPhone).:ignore:
But you meant another thing, right?