Canadian

Jeseraipetite

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello from Canada. I am fairly new to veganism. I have dabbled before but haven't been able to stick to it. I am following food combining principles to bring me better support and structure. I am a teacher of 26 years and enjoying my spring break. I live on Vancouver island and am hoping to meet people from all over and be s part of a healthy community. My goals are to be the healthiest I can be, to lose 40 pounds, and spend the second half of my life being more careful and conscious

Hello Future Small One!

Welcome to the forum!!!
Feel free to ask any questions about veganism that come to your mind!!!

You might want to note that today most nutrition experts share the opinion that "food combining", in the meaning of putting different kinds of foods into one meal, is not necessary. As long as you combine the proper foods over a longer timeframe, your body is able to do the combining on itself.

Complementary Protein Myth Won't Go Away! : Disease Proof

I remember reading an interview with Francis Moore Lappe (who initially brought up the idea) where she stated that she had been fighting the last 30 years to explain to people that what she initially suggested does not need to be taken so seriously. Unfortunately I could not find that article for reference when searching for it now :-(

Reactions: ledboots