CA KFC-Adds plant-based 'Chik'n' as a permanent menu item

The plant-based chicken alternative is made in collaboration with Lightlife, a subsidiary of Canadian food manufacturer Maple Leaf Foods. While pea protein is the main ingredient in plant-based burgers, the plant-based chicken alternative at KFC is made with a combination of soybeans, fava beans and wheat gluten.

Not into soy and gluten fake food, and have gone off fake food. Tried the Gardain Turky cutlets, gag! people are fooled with the tasty coating.

Not into soy and gluten fake food, and have gone off fake food. Tried the Gardain Turky cutlets, gag! people are fooled with the tasty coating.
I'd be happier to be able to get fried battered veggie baskets myself. I don't see those on menus like years past!
Of course they should have separate friers- one for veg one for chicken. And please--make it Popeyes!

Really I thought Gardein turkey cutlets were an improvement when they came out, over tofurkey and field roast. There was no good vegan turkey before them imo. But you are anti plant based meat.

• Agree
Reactions: Mufflon
My favorite likeness of poultry is seitan with tofu and parsley sage rosemary and thyme.

If people choose to eat more fake meat, and less real meat, it will be better for the animals.
Even more important, it lets the ones who want to eat plant based have an option when they're tagging along with others, whether family or friends. It dissolves the argument of eating like the rest of us

Generally when I look at food I check out it's nutrition, I tried some vegan cheese but had no nutrition but was only for taste. I'm just not sure if gluten is a good idea since there's the big deal with gluten free and a lot of the fake meat is often gluten. I tried the Field Roast burgers which I like the texture but had an odd after taste, soy burger seem to have a strange unusual taste. Beyond Meat taste good, I tried the burgers and ground but wonder about actual nutrition since it seems like it's mainly pea protein and coconut oil.

The vegan restaurant I visit make their own burgers from actual food, like chickpeas, or beans and vegetables. I think when I went 100% vegan a couple of years back I was eating a lot of vegan sausage but is it good for you to eat too often?

Canadian Brand - Yves Kale & Caramelized Onion Veggie Sausages
0006082240039.jpg

Water, Wheat, Gluten, Vegetables, Canola Oil, Textured Wheat Protein, Spices, Molasses, Yeast Extract, Salt, Modified Cellulose, Cane Sugar, Natural Flavors, Vitamins And Minerals Riboflavin, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine, Calcium Pantothenate, Ferric Orthophosphate Zinc Oxide, Dimagnesium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Copper Sulphate).

My fave is . . .

IMG_2490.jpg

Tofu (soybeans, water, magnesium chloride), onions, sweet potatoes, carrots, sunflower seeds, spices, canola oil .

Even more important, it lets the ones who want to eat plant based have an option when they're tagging along with others, whether family or friends. It dissolves the argument of eating like the rest of us
I like it for that reason too. We don't have it here in Australia yet, though.

Yay peer pressure
I just like eating meat alternatives, a lot

• Haha
Reactions: HappyRoxy
There are a few Dr. Praegers items I like. Doc P tends to use more "real food" in their products.
Recently they have really expanded their product line. One of their new products are called Pure Plant Protein. And they have fake meats that include the word "perfect". I haven't seen them in the stores yet but I am looking forward to trying them.