Buying a House

Which couch do you like better with the rug? Let the voting begin!

2C577380-7DD5-4CC7-BC5B-FB4FFDAF0C8F.jpegB7CE100C-781B-44B2-9CF6-2CF45F350B0A.jpeg

I really love the rug!
I have to pick no 2 because it looks like the cushions would wear much better than 2 large ones, and, they can be rearranged to counter wear. I favor it's looks with the rug
I like the looks of 1, and it does look more comfortable.

Reactions: KLS52
They are both lovely, but I like No. 2 slightly better for the color and the patterned pillows. That rug is great as well.

I like the first one better as it's less fussy but the second one would be easier to vacuum around as the legs are raised.

So for those of you who like No. 2, what if that style came in beige? In addition to style, I’m looking for input as to which “color” couch goes best with the rug.

It’s interesting because I like the beige couch better but I love the color on the second one and my daughters are split. I don’t think I can go wrong with either one. I like them both so much.

I don’t think the throw pillows come with it. I need to check on that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
I like the first one better as it's less fussy but the second one would be easier to vacuum around as the legs are raised.
Now that’s clever. I didn’t even take cleaning into consideration lol.

I lean toward simple lines but something about the second one really caught my eye. I kind of surprised myself.

Same with the dining room. I picked something very simple but totally opposite what I would have chosen in the past. This house seems to be lacking charm and I love the country farmhouse look. So I’m not sure what I’m doing really. May I can accessorize with other small pieces To try and bring a little country charm into it.

I’m not spending a ton of money. While I realize better quality holds up better and longer, I’m also taking into consideration the three cats, aka “the gang”...they will likely destroy whatever I get. So I’d rather replace sometime down the road and not feel like I threw a ton of money away.

Reactions: Val
So for those of you who like No. 2, what if that style came in beige? In addition to style, I’m looking for input as to which “color” couch goes best with the rug.

It’s interesting because I like the beige couch better but I love the color on the second one and my daughters are split. I don’t think I can go wrong with either one. I like them both so much.

Both beige and stone pair well with the rug. I prefer the stone colour.

I much prefer the stone color!
the first couch looks like one from Big Lots- like mine! It was under $300 with a coupon, and they took off 10% for it not having the pillows pictured in the ad.
It's held up well for 5 years! Far better than I ever expected

I took the cover off my Big Lot couch I said was holding up well. It's not! :rofl: It's all mushed at the top from the cats!
But it still looks ok with a cover!
What did you go with?

I’m still thinking but I think I am going with the second one...it’s called artisan blue. I like the contrast of the beige With the rug but I just don’t think I want to go that route.
I will post when I order it.

Ugh. I just texted the super expensive paint guy. He called Tuesday asking what we wanted to do. Luckily I had his cell number so I texted him back and tried to let him down as gently as I could. I considered ignoring him but I really hate that and try hard not to be that person since I get so annoyed when I call contractors/service people and they don’t have the decency to call me back.

I had to call the tree guy a few weeks ago to tell them we went with a lower quote. I don’t know why I stress it so much. The woman was very nice. I mean really, what can they say. Hopefully it helps them know where they stand price wise.

I also had to call the dentist office and tell them I went somewhere else. I had left messages with two offices and went with the first one that called me back and who was able to get me in a day earlier.

Apparently I’m more comfortable being the rejectee than being the rejector. Lol

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and Raven